To see samples of the scores click on the composer's
Works by Nigel
- What Shall I Render to the Lord?
- 1965, revised 1997. Psalm 116.
- Exultate Domino
- 1961, revised 1997. Psalm 100.
- Prayer During Sickness
- 1960, revised 1989. Text by Robert Herrick (1591-1674).
- Note: These three pieces are NOT intended to be performed
as one work.
The True Samaritan
Butterley SATB 1958,
revised 1998. Edited by Prue
- 1 Morning Fanfare
- 2 The True Samaritan
- 3 My Wishes Anon.
- 4 Surrexit Dominus
Note: The composer is very happy for
the motets to be performed separately or together in any
combination. However, if all four are performed they should be
in the order given.
The Image of the Cross
SATB, Speaking Voice, Two
- Composed in Albany, Western Australia, 1953. Text by John
- First Performance: The Melba Hall, Melbourne, Saturday, 22
November 1958, by the Oriana Madrigal Choir, conducted by Leonard
Fullard, with duo-pianists Pamela Page and Max Olding.
- Broadcast on ABC radio 3 March 1959. Original manuscript is 33
pages (310 bars). Estimated performance time is 12.5 minutes.
Publication in progress.
"... where eucalypts green-tip the
Margaret Dylan Jones
SABar, speaking voices, piano.* Due to be published in early
- Thirteen poems by seven Australian writers:
- See the WEGTTS page
for much more detail and links to samples, including the
- Estimated performance time is 20 minutes. All the poems are
also available as a separate
publication. The composer is currently making other
* asterisk indicates titles in progress (some
available in draft form). For more detail, including programme notes
and sample .gifs, see the links from each composer's page.
Last Modified 20040727 © Hovea Music