Images by Daniel Argyle
- A camper in a domed tent,
- the baby in her belly.
- Her milk has come in
- but our son still sleeps.
The Weight of the Baby (Marroning, Wellington Weir)*
- I stay behind with the baby
- while they check the baits---
- my wife, my children. They are
- that light skirting the shore.
- He waves now without being told.
- But what sense does he make of it...
- It is thrilling to be so loved.
- Hearing my step on the verandah...
© Andrew Lansdown 1997
The Weight of the Baby* is a lovely poem which has been read at Christenings and other events celebrating children.
HMP Home Page |