Hartford/Willimantic Area Hot Spots
Check out the clubs below. These are all places we've played and have had good food, good drink, and good company!
- Cosmic Bean Café, 537 Farmington Ave, Hartford, CT (860)231-1350
- This funky coffeehouse in Hartford's West End is THE Place to Be!
Open from breakfast thru late-night/early morning, there's good food, good people, lots of local talent
and, of course, good coffee! This is one of the few places dedicated to showcasing local musicians and
artists. Thanks goes to owner Art Shepherd who is an active member of the friendly and eclectic Cosmic Bean staff.
Laid back, comfortable atmosphere for relaxing, studying, or just hanging out.
Stop by for a schedule... there's something going on every night!
Also, good open mic on Monday nights.
- Schmedley's Pub in Eagleville, CT
- Great local/college hangout.
Nice selection of beer on tap and good pub fare. Try the Chicken Lips, but BEWARE! They're not kidding when the say HOT!!!
One of our favorite open mics, every Tuesday night, hosted by Jason A., the Master of the open mic!
- Main Street Cafe/Willimantic Brewery Restaurant in Willimantic, CT
- Incredible food and the Best Microbrewed Beer ever, set in a converted Post Office.
The food and beer at this Cafe/Restaurant are as unique as the building in which it is housed. Both staff & clientelle are friendly and laid back. And if you're into Trivia, this is the place to be!!!
Great open mic every other Sunday night with MSC's own Jason A. as Master of Ceremonies... "it's casual", and always a good time! (October dates are 4th & 18th)
- Husky Blues in Storrs, CT
- Good food and music, just off the UConn campus.
The emphasis is on blues, but Husky Blues hosts other types of music as well in a packed schedule of events.
Open mic/open blues jam every Tuesday night, hosted by Kindred Spirit.
For More Local Entertainment Info:
- The Hartford Advocate
- Contains band/club searches
- The Journal Inquire
- Updated lists of local events
<-- Back to NBD Home Page: