"If you pay for it" the Devil replied.
THE ORIGIN OF THE "COSTUMES" ON HALLOWEEN
The Celts and Druids believed that by wearing masks and costumes, they would confuse the spirits into thinking they were one of them. Therefore the evil spirits would leave them alone. They would usually wear these while dancing around the big Samhain "bonfires."Also it is to be believed that they thought by wearing the costumes they could communicate with the spirits.
THE ROOTS OF PAGANISM
The whole Halloween thing is steeped in paganism. Halloween is a celebration of death and all that is evil. By decades of letting foreigners into our land, they have brought with them every occult practice and all of their idols. Now because of this, our children are suffering the consequences of the iniquities of the third and fourth generations of witchcraft and things of the demonic world. We as Christians are to stand up and boldly proclaim our heritage of what this country was founded on. This country was to be a Christian nation. By us not speaking out, look at our country today, every evil thing is trying to take away our freedom.
WHAT ARE WE AS CHRISTIANS SUPPOSED TO DO?
First of all, as Christians we are to celebrate life in the one who has made us new: JESUS CHRIST! We are not to celebrate the things of darkness. We are not to imitate evil...
"When you enter the land the Lord your God is giving you, do not imitate the detestable ways of the nations there, Let no one be found among you who... practices divination or sorcery, interprets omens, engages in witchcraft, or casts spells, or who is a medium or spiritist or who consults the dead" (DEUTERONOMY18:9-11)
If we let our children participate in these things, if we hang cardboard ghosts in our windows, if we entertain with tales of ghouls and haunted houses- what are we doing but imitating that which is evil? We need to make it clear as Christians that witches, ghosts and evil spirits are not funny and not harmless, even if the people in the costumes are just play-acting.
1. Pass out candy with tracts(booklets to show how Jesus loves everyone and how they can be saved.
2. Have teen rally that night and teach the dangers of Halloween.
3. Invite friends over and watch a Jesus movie.
4. Go dress up with others as Bible characters and "Street Witness" (word of caution: only those who are strong in the Lord in this area and are lead by the Lord to do this, so that there will not be any hinderances from the enemy.)
5. Teach your children the dangers of Halloween, then have a family Bible study and pray for all the children that are out there "trick or treating".
6. Have a "PRAYER WARRIORS" meeting: pray against all the evil forces that are out, pray people will wake-up and find the truth out about Halloween and become saved. That all the children will be safe from any harm:(tainted candy, razor blades and etc...). Pray for all the innocent people held against their will for human sacrifices and all the other deeds of the Devil on this night! ( you might say "Oh this is too horrible to believe" but you better wake-up, this kind of stuff goes on all the time, and not just on Halloween. Yes this is happening in America!)
7. Read the Bible, play Christian music and celebrate LIFE!!!
MAY THE LORD BLESS YOU IN ALL THAT YOU DO!
Cybergrace Banner Exchange 2000
© 1998-2001 RU Bold, All Rights Reserved. Legal & Privacy Notices