This program includes a whole bunch of network utilities. It was written in C using win32 API. It calls winsock.dll directly and does not use any third party custom control or dll. I wanted this application to be small and fast. It is a shareware program, but you can check out all the capabilities of the software. It is not crippled in any way.
If you came here through a direct link, click
here to go to my home page. You can find my freeware programs over there.
Internet Maniac on the net and elsewhere:
A new feature called 'Speed Check' was added in version 1.04. This
let's you check data throughput between two computers on any network.
This feature can only be accessed by clicking on Tools menu.
- Host Lookup
- Raw Connect
- Listen to UDP packets
- Network Time
- Active Connections
- ARP Cache
- Mail Check
- Speed Check
- Winsock Info
- Network Adapter Address
A new SNMP function was added in version 1.2. The Active connections feature shows all open ports on your computer.
Here is a screenshot of the program:
Version 1.2 is available for download. Please report all bugs. If you have any suggestions, I'd love to hear 'em.
|Download Now -
|| Install and Uninstall support: maniac.exe (300 kB)|
| No install support: maniac.zip (52 kB)|
Note: Internet Maniac really needs just the .exe for its execution. It does not
require any external dlls or system files. If you download the zip file, simply
unzip the files into a new folder and start using it! To uninstall, delete this folder. However,
if you download the install version, use the Add/Remove from control panel or the
uninstall icon that is created during the installation.
Online registration is now available. Click here
to register now!
Alternatively, you may register by snail mail. Send a check for US $19.95 to
If you email me after you have mailed the check, I will send you the registration code
right away! Remember to include you full name and address if you wish to receive
3921 Rocinante Blvd., Apt 239
Tampa, FL 33613
- Dec 05, 1998 (version 1.2) - Added SNMP functions. Menus can be accesses with ALT keys now.
- Nov 17, 1998 (version 1.12) - Converted help to html. Reverted to chargen for speed check.
- Sep 15, 1998 (version 1.11) - Program minimizes to the system tray. All functions accessible from the tray.
- Aug 17, 1998 (version 1.10) - Added splash screen. Plugged memory leak. Listener now shows incoming data. Added option to append CR_LF to outgoing data in Connect.
- Jun 22, 1998 (version 1.09) - Added support to detect multiple IPs. Added 'Connection Timeout' to scanner.
- Jun 06, 1998 (version 1.08) - Improved speed check. Added Most Recently Used list to all windows. Synchronize local clock with a time server.
- May 10, 1998 (Version 1.07) - Added ARP cache. Fixed opening of help file. Install and uninstall feature.
- Apr 22, 1998 (version 1.06) - Focus now stays at the bottom of the page. Added choice of alternate Whois servers.
- Apr 14, 1998 (version 1.05) - Made all windows resizable. Added ability to cancel ping and listen for TCP connections.
- Apr 11, 1998 - Minor bug fix (speed check)
- Apr 05, 1998 (version 1.04) - Extended DNS lookups, added Speed Check feature. Removed Vendor Info from Winsock window that showed up garbled on some systems.
- Mar 31, 1998 (version 1.03) - Added copy and refresh features.
- Mar 18, 1998 (version 1.02) - Added 'Number of times to Ping' feature.
- Mar 15, 1998 (version 1.01) - Fixed display bug that did not scale dialog boxes properly for people with BIG fonts.
- Mar 03, 1998 - Version 1.0 released.
Copyright © 1998 Sumit Birla
Not for commercial use.
Release Date: 03/03/98