ASYLUMS ~ 1870
This list is taken from EDWARDS' ST. LOUIS DIRECTORY ~ 1870
- Mission Free School - 413 N. 8th
- Girls' Industrial Home - 19th, se. cor. Morgan
- Institution for the Deaf and Dumb and Half Orphan Asylum for Girls - 2649 and 2651 Lucas av.
- Orphan's Home (Colored) - 1407 N. 12th
- House of the Guardian Angel - Marion, nw. cor. Menard
- Missouri Institution for the Education of the Blind - 1929 Morgan
- Episcopal Orphan's Home - 11 North Market
- Protestant Orphan Asylum - Webster Station, office, temporarily, 817 7th, bet. Franklin av. and Morgan
- German Protestant Orphans' Home - The home is located on the St. Charles rock road, nine miles from the Court House, office, 1316 Madison
- St. Ann's Home for Widows, Lying in Hospital and Foundling Asylum - O'Fallon, se. cor. 10th
- St. Bridget's Half Orphan Asylum - Christy av. nw. cor. 26th
- St. Joseph's Half Orphan Asylum - Clark av. ne. cor. 16th
- St. Mary's R.C. Orphan Asylum - Biddle se. cor. 10th
- St. Vincent's German Male and Femal Orphan Asylum - 10th, bet. O'Fallon and Cass av.
- St. Louis House of Refuge - s. Osage, bet. Carondelet and Grand av.
- Methodist Orphan's Home - Grand av. nr. Laclede ave.
- Mother Home and Academy of Sisters - Carondelet
- Presbyterian Home - 111 N. 12th
- St. Philomena Orphan Asylum and School, Clark av. nw. cor. Summit av.
- House of teh Good Shepherd 17th bet. Chestnut and Pine
- St. Vincent's Institution for the Insane , Decatur cor. Marion
- Young Woman's Christian Home - 602 S. 5th
RETURN TO St. Louis - Old
GO TO Map Site