Gambit My Love
by Gamine

Chapter One

The girl slouched in her first-class window seat on the airplane that was headed for New York. It was the first time she had ever flown in an airplane but she loved the ride. Wished it was because of some other reason I'm getting a plane ride though, she thought, staring wistfully at the clouds outside her window. Such beautiful clouds. Such a beautiful day, and perhaps the last time I'll ever see Ontario again. These thoughts flew through her mind as she continued staring out of the window.

"Attention all passengers, this is your captain speaking. We will be shortly arriving at New York soon. Please fasten your seatbelts and prepare for the landig. We hope you're enjoyed..." The girl sighed, the moment she had been anticipating and fearing had almost come.


"Announcing the arrival of flight GT108." The loudspeaker blared nosily.

"Ah wonder where that gal is. Ah hope we don' have ta wait too long."

"Patience my beauty friend. It would be inevitable that there will some delay. Afterall, judging by the number of aeroplanes arriving approximately every..."

Rogue, tired of listening to Beast ratle off statistics every ten seconds, slapped him lightly on the shoulder."Now sugah, ah really think that ah had enough.Ah would appreciate it if ya could just shut up," smiling wickedly. Beast seeing the warning signs of Rogue's fiery temper, promptly "shut up".

However Beast couldn't resist a last remark, "Do you not think I am quite presentable today?" Rogue, knowing full well that Beast was talking about the handsome figure the image-inducerhad produced for Beast, reached out and whcked him lightly on the head again.

"Yeah sugah, ah think ya're one hunk of a mutant guy ya furry blue creature!"

"Mes amis, I t'ink I be seeing our new friend." Gambit interrupted before Beast could retort back. Gambit glanced at the slightly faded photograph he was looking at before turning back to look at what he had been looking at from his advantageous six foot two inches. "Oui, dat be de girl."

"Oh my stars and garters, let us go welcome her!"


The girl waited at the luggage wheel, wondering where her luggage had disppeared to. It had been thirty minutes since the first of the luggage had appeared and there was still no sign of her luggage. She bit her lips nervously. Finally, she thought, spotting her luggage coming. She pulled at it, having a lot of difficulty as the luaggae was quite big and she was not very large, being about 5'5' only.

Suddenly a hand gripped her luaggage off the wheel easily and set it on the ground beside her. She turned and gasped in shock.

"Don't ya worry kid, we're friends. We'll take care of ya!" A southern accent filled her ears. The owner of the voice was a incredible woman, about 5'9' tall. She had long sily wavy brown hair and a white stripe bleached through the centre of all the hair. She had an hourglass figure and her lips were curved in a friendly smile.

"Now Rogue, don't frighten the girl. hello, I'm Hank McCoy and we're from Xavier's School for the Gifted. May I introduce to you my companions, this brash brazen," Beast looked at Rogue and got a glare from her, "young lady here is Rogue and this other companion of mine is..."

"De name be Remy LeBeau p'tite. Nice t' meet y'." the cajun-accented voice came from a dark handsome tall 6'2' man with eerie red on black eyes in a blue jeans and a shirt. However, he had a friendly grin on his face. He had long brown hair and it was tied neatly behind his back. Goodness, he's so handsome, she thought to herself. She allowed herself to give all of them a small smile. "Hi there, I'm Vadeline. Ermmmm, so now what do we do now?" Vedeline asked uncertainly, giving Remy a shy second glance out of the corner of her eye.

Rogue answered, "Why sugah, don't ya worry none. We're going home now."

Rogue picked up the heavy luggage up easily and walked off with it, the rest of them trailing behind, Hank rattling off pleasantries as they walked to the parked car.

But Vadeline was not paying attention as she walked along beside Hank and Remy. She had only one thing on her mind.

Am I really going home?

To be continued