Title: One Night by the Jedi Shipper Rated: G Spoilers: Two Fathers/One Son, post-milagro. Category: MS friendship (what no MSR? I surprised myself too) Summary: What happened right after Milagro ended? This is my view. It contains a Diana meeting...all in good fun. No death but... Author's Notes: I wrote this before Biogenesis aired. Disclaimer: As much as I wish these people were my creation and I had millions of dollars and lots of fans, they're not. Surfer dude CC owns them as well as Fox, 1013,DD, GA, whoever else you want to credit. I am getting no money for this story yadda yadda yadda. One Night It was a long while before Dana Scully stopped crying. Even then Mulder did not let her go. He merly held her close, stroking her hair and thanking God that she was all right. Coming in his doorway to find her on the floor, looking to all the world like she was dead, Mulder had again been shaken to the very core. So much blood. His mind had gone numb. Then she'd come alive again. As he held her, Mulder had cried too. They were interrupted by several raps on the open door. "Police. Someone called 9-1-1 reporting shots fired from this apartment," said a younglooking cop. Scully untangled herself from Mulder's arms and managed to sit up on the couch. "Holy shi-, call a medic," the officer began after seeing the blood that stained Scully's shirt. "No," Scully spoke up. It was the first thing she had said since the attack. Her voice was a little scratchy from crying so hard. "I'm fine, there's no wound," The cop looked incredulous. Suddenly his walkie talkie squaked, "Hey Martin there's a seriously dead guy down here in the basement. His heart has been completely removed. I've got a team coming over already," "Before you can ask," Mulder began seeing the look on Officer Martin's face, "We didn't kill him but we do have a story to tell," Mulder finished reaching for his badge. "FBI Agent Mulder,this is Agent Scully and the dead guy is my neighbor Philip Padgett..." * * * After a lot of explaining the cops were finally ready to leave Mulder's apartment. By then they were convinced that both Agents were completely insane. Psychic surgery...killers who were conjured up. A whole lot of BS in Officer Martin's book. However there was nothing that linked the two to the murder so there was nothing left to say. Martin and his partner left saying they'd be in touch. Scully hadn't moved from her position on the couch the entire time except to answer a question. She looked completely worn out. The blood staining her neck and shirt had dried into an almost black color and was flaking off her skin. Mulder went to sit next to her. "Why don't you take a shower and put on some of my old sweat pants and a T-shirt? They're going to need your shirt for evidence anyway. I'll see what's going on and then I'll take you home...OK?" Mulder suggested putting a gentle hand on her shoulder. "Yeah, that sounds good," Scully said. She looked up at him, "Thank you," she added. It took longer then Mulder expected to talk to the rest of the investigative team that had flooded his apartment building. Scully had laid her shirt and jacket outside his bathroom door so he could give it to the team. Mulder already knew that they would find nothing in the way of evidence from them but that wouldn't stop them from trying now would it? Mulder finally got back to his apartment an hour and a half later. It was completely silent. "Scully?" Mulder called. He went into his room and found her. She'd curled up on his bed clutching a pillow to her chest as a heart surgery patient would. Mulder could see that she'd put on his torn New York Knicks T-shirt and a pair of sweat pants that practically swallowed her. Mulderwas suddenly very happy that whoever it was had decided to give him a bedroom. Careful not to make noise Mulder went to the side of the bed and looked down on his sleeping partner. He tucked an errant strand of hair behind her ear careful so as not to wake her. Then he pulled the comforter securely around her and headed for the couch. Mulder was awakened by a soft knock on his door. It took him a moment to remember why he was on the couch again. He'd gotten used to sleeping in a bed. "Fox," came a muffled voice from outside the door. "Diana," said Mulder flatly as he opened the door but did not let her in. "Well it's been awhile," "Aren't you going to let me in?" "Let's see. The last time I saw you was right before a mass murder took place which you happened to escape. You disappeared and this is the first time I've seen you in months. Now give me one good reason I should let you through this door," Mulder said keeping his voice even. His eyes were piercing though. Diana winced just seeing them. "Fox will you let me in so I can explain?" Mulder looked at her for several seconds before moving away from the door. "Be quiet though. Scully is asleep and I don't want to wake her," Diana's eyes widened and her eyebrows arched. Mulder noted that it wasn't nearly as alluring as when Scully did it. "It's not what you think. She was attacked today and fell asleep before I could take her home." Diana sat on the couch while Mulder opted for the desk chair. He listened as Diana spun her story. He didn't believe a word and told her so. "Fox you have to trust me! Why would I be working against you." "There is one person in this world that I trust completely and it sure as hell isn't you," Mulder spat, his voice still very quiet but just as harsh. There was a time when he would have believed her. Scully had been right. She was a liar and he'd been a fool for not seeing it earlier. "So that's it..." Diana said after a moment, " Fox you know she has never trusted me and if she'd turned you against me..." He cut her off suddenly furious. "Scully didn't turn me against you, you did it!" he said. He forced himself to keep quiet. "Do you know what that group you're a part of has put her through in the six years we've been together? I hate them for it and if you're part of that agenda then you'd better leave because I'm afraid I'd kill you." "Fox-" "Get out," he said again. Diana stared for a moment but got up and stormed out. She made a motion to slam the door but Mulder caught it and shut it quietly. He lay awake thinking for several hours before finally getting up and heading to the car. By the time Mulder got back it was about 6:30. He had two bags in his hand. He laid out the contents of the first bag on the table before hearing footsteps behind him. "I'm sorry Mulder. I didn't mean to fall asleep." Mulder turned around to a side of Scully he'd rarely seen. Morning hair Scully. Even with her hair in a whirlwind she was still beautiful Mulder thought before he had a chance to stop himself. He sternly pushed the thought away. "It's all right. I miss my old friend the couch," Mulder said smiling. "What's all this?" "Food. I couldn't sleep last night so I got a gourmet breakfast of bagels and fruit." "You missed your calling, you should have been a hotel breakfast cook," Scully said. Mulder grinned happy to see her acting like her old self. "How are you feeling?" "Hmm hurts to breath sometimes but other then that...I feel fine. I'm sorry I was so quiet yesterday I was just.." she trailed off. "You're heart was nearly ripped out of your chest Scully. I understand," Mulder said grasping her hand for a moment. "I dropped by your house on my morning drive and got some clothes. This pink skirt that I've never seen you wear and this really cool looking green blouse..." Scully looked horrified. "Kidding, just kidding," Mulder said before he burst out laughing. Where were cameras when you needed them? "I don't have THAT bad taste." "Mulder have you seen your ties?" "What's wrong with my ties?" "Haven't we had this discussion before?" Scully said smiling in spite of herself. Yesterday had been a VERY bad day. Today was looking...much brighter.