Setting up this page would not be possible without the invaluable
help of many. The years of research others has put into scorpion research has made
possible this compilation I produce here. Information of the many books related to
scorpions (under heading like desert fauna, venomous animals, arachnids, entomology and
scorpions) has been used extensively in my page. To these authors, I give my thanks.
Personal thought on 'Candle in the Wind'
'Candle in the wind' is to me a tribute to man's care for
another. Each of our life is just like a candle; each contributing our own light, however
transient. What sets man apart is that through records, our knowledge remains to be passed
on to another. As in many things, the sparks of another and the combined brilliance of
many lit our way towards futher understanding (in this case, of scorpions)................
Other than those unknowing contributors, I must give special
thanks to some individuals who has directlly contributed to the making of the page.
- Dr Scott A. Stockwell (US); for your inspiring and
informative Scorpion Enthusiast page and valuable informations. For your help and
friendship especially during my stay in San Antonio, Texas.
- David Gaban (US); for contribution of superb pictures
and identification as well as assistance on scorpions.
- Lic. Rolando Tereul (Cuba) for your invaluable help and
- Lorenzo Prendini (S.Africa); for answering many of my
- Dr Victor Fet (US)for helping me in taxonomy.
- Dr Frantisek Kovarik (Czech Rep.)for sending me your
paper on Lychas taxonomy and help
- Dr Harry Wilson (Australia)for reviewing my venom
section and correcting my oversights. Also thanks for answering my numerous questions
- Chuck Kristensen (US?) for enlightening views on venom.
- H. W. C. Couzijn for correcting some of my errors in
Couzijn 1981 Heterometrus dichotomy key. Sir, please contact me again
because my HDD was wiped out.........
- Matt E. Braunwalder (US)for interesting discussion and
- Erich S. Volschenk (Australia) for offering help on Lychas
- Chad Arment (US) for sending me a paper on Hadogenes
- Herbert Schiejok (Germany) for his books.
- Dr Adam Lockett for your paper on albinism in scorpions.
- Gordon W (Sweden); for contribution of pictures and
compiling some of the common names
- Jay Stotzky (US) for your help and pictures
- Ian Engelbreht for the pictures and hosting the
new Scorpion Mailing List
- Pascal Riewe (Germany) providing some of the pictures.
- Richard (US) for your help in scorpion care.
- Ulf Ulystrom (US) for some of the pictures
- Mike 'Troll' for offering some of your pictures
- Alexandros Pagidas (Greece) for some pictures.
- Scorpguy (US) for encouragement and offer to help.
- Mrs Yang (Singapore) for kindly allowing me to use ZRC.
- CEVAP; for pictures of Tityus sp.
- Ithnyne (Singapore) and 'Sergeant Scorpion' of Butterfly
Park (Sentosa); for help and allowing me to handle their scorpions.
- Gary A. Polis; for being the author of the fabulous 'The
Biology of Scorpion' which provides much of the materials in the page.
- To all the wonderful subscribers of Scorpion Enthusiast
mailing list and Arachnology Mailing List for contributing their knowledge
- Thanks to all who send me your encouragement and
appreciation of my effort. <100+ and still counting :)>
- My Dad, Mom and Sis for tolerating with my nonsense.