Parent And Children Fire Safety Tips.
1.If You See Smoke as you escape,try another
2.If you have to escape through smoke,crawl low to
your exit. Keep your head one to two feet (30 to 60 centimeters)
above the floor. That's where the air will be cleanest.
3.Test doorknobs and the space between the door
and it's frame with the back of your hand before opening doors.
If the door is warm,try another escape route. If it's cool, open
it slowly. Be ready to slam the door shut if smoke pours through.
4.Never go back into the building for any reason-
until it's safe. If someone is trapped inside,tell firefighters.
Here are some important fire safety rules.
* Never play with matches or lighters
* Always be careful around a stove,heater or open
* Don't cook without an adult being present.
* If your clothes catch on fire,"Stop,Drop,and Roll!"
* If your friends clothes catch on fire,don't let
him or her run.
* Yell,"Stop,Drop, and Roll!"
* Get adult help or call 9-1-1 or "0" for operator.
* Don't hang up until you are told to do so;
listen for instructions.
Do You Know What To Do If There Was A Fire?
Fire Safety Links
Fire Prevention (Parent & Children Fire Safety Tips):
Sparky The Fire Dog(Fire Safety Site):
Smokey the Bear Forest Fire Prevention Site:
United States Fire Administration (Kids Page):
KIDDE Home Safety Education Foundation:
Help The Fire Trucks Game:
Visit Clarksburg School:
Slide Show of the Fire Prevention Class at Clarksburg School: Oct 10, Thurday 2002
Part 2 of the Slide Show of the Fire Prevention Class at Clarksburg School: Oct 10, Thurday 2002
Return to the Main Page :