Darien, Connecticut, was settled in 1641. It was incorporated into Stamford in 1820.
Spring Grove Cemetery, Darien CT
The following 7 persons buried in LOT 70, with perhaps an unmentioned child.
01.WILMOT John Gilbert b.07mar1843 d.30dec1910 bur.01jan1911 AE78 spousePJ SAMMIS
John G Wilmot was a fireman, residing in Stamford CT in 1875
02.SAMMIS Phoebe Jane b.23apr1852 d.31jul1893 bur.13aug1893 AE41 spouseJG WILMOT
dau of Leonard SAMMIS+Julia Ann JUDSON-Phoebe fell out window,she+baby died
03. WILMOT Edna May b.27feb1875 d.06dec1927 bur.8th AE52yr.9mo spouse Wm SCOTT
04. WILMOT Catherine A bur.22jun1911
05. WILMOT Chester A b.24921?)mar1880 d.23apr1892 bur.25apr1892 AE12 flu
06. WILMOT Florence E(C?) b.28jan1890 d.26jul1892 AE2 influenza
07. WILMOT Samuel E 1883 to 1911 AE28
Not buried at Spring Grove?
Leonard S Wilmot b.01aug1886 d.21nov1953
George E Wilmot b.30aug1872 d.______
Percival Wilmot b.28jun1891 d.26jul1892 AE-1yr flu
Children of John G WILMOT [but which JG WILMOT?] per note he left at the cemetery, which I copied, are:
Percy, George E, + Leonard. Leonard held the deed to lot 70,not buried there.
NOTE: Leonard SAMMIS was the maternal grandfather of Leonard WILMOT
Those on the burial list above, are also children of John Gilbert WILMOT
Edna May (SCOTT), Catherine A, Chester A, Florence E(C?), and Samuel E
Handwritten note 6/8/1926 by John G. WILMOT shows 473 Columbus Ave,NY NY
This note says original deed to Lot 70 in section B was issued Oct 22nd 1892.
The note says:"In case I die before my wife Fannie WILMOT,.to be bur.in lot70
This John G Wilmot is the son OUR John G Wilmot.
*The following 2 persons in LOT 75. Husband+wife
08. John G WILMOT [T] John G. b.18may1870 d,02may1949 bur.05nov1949 AE78
09. WILMOT Fannie nee_______ b.1871 bur.15apr1946 AE75 John Jr's wife.
*********** The following 4 burials are for SAMMIS, LOT 16
10. SAMMIS Leonard b._________ bur.03jul1900 AE__ spouse Julia A JUDSON
Leonard's father is Smith Conklin SAMMIS. His mother is Harriet CLOCK
Leonard's brother is Warren Smith SAMMIS, per WELTON
11. SAMMIS Julia A, nee JUDSON b.16mar1833 bur.14mar1902 spouse L SAMMIS
Julia Ann's sis:Abbey Jane[per WELTON] Parents Jos.JUDSON+Abigail WARDWELL
Do not know the following two persons, buried in our family's lot.
12. PEET Charles J bur.13dec1912
13. DICKMAN Mrs. Annie b.1870 bur.02jan1950 AE 80 (was Eavens)
Annie's surname was typed as Eavens on the "sold to" line for the lot.
Perhapd Annie is Charles Peet's daughter, since her middle initial is P.
Layout of Lot 70 - Spring Grove Cemetery, Darien CT
Lot 70 A B C D E F G H I J K A & B - 2 children: One was Chester age 12? C - Florence E
Wilmot - age 2 D - Catherine A Wilmot E - Edna May Scott (nee Wilmot) - age 52 F - Center
Stone G - Samuel E Wilmot - age 28 H - I - J - John G Wilmot - age 67 K - Phoebe Jane Wilmot
(nee Sammis) - age 61 Other children of John G Wilmot, not buried in this plot: Percy, George E,
and Leonard, who held the deed after John's death
Wedding: John Wilmot + Phoebe Sammis
Surname lookups at RootsWeb
m/o - mother of
s/o - son of
d/o - daughter of
f/o - father of
gd/o - granddau of
w/o - wife of
h/o - husband of