What is DJGPP
DJGPP is a freeware C/C++ compiler
and a few other things. I just got into this when I wanted to avoid
shelling out $100 for a compiler. So far, I've worked out the bugs,
and there are some of them (hey, it's free, man, what do you expect)?
Unforutnately, that was my first project. I'll show you my other projects as they go along.
- Configuring the autoexec.bat
- To do this, you have to set the DJGPP and Path variables in your
autoexec.bat file. Just do what the FAQ says, except put the commands
at the top of your file.
- the -lsdtcx.a error
- If you unzip with the wrong type of unzip program you'll need to
copy files files that are now wrong; e.g. "copy libstdcxx.a libstdcx.a" to
shorten the filename (if you used a Windows unzip program and don't
want the LFNs), or "copy libstdcx.a libstdcxx.a" to lengthen it (if
you used a DOS unzip program but still want to use LFNs). Credit email@example.com
for that one.
- Can't compile C++ programs
- To get out of that one, set the LFN option to y in your DJGPP.ENV
This page has been visited by damned souls on the highway to hell.
DJGPP: Get everything here