10. LPF workshops for congregations, youth groups, and events – 100 a year on average – explore Biblical peacemaking, world hunger, conflict transformation, leadership, etc. Such visibility has helped make LPF among the fastest growing faith-based peace and justice groups in the country.
9. Over 80 LPF resources help congregations and individuals respond to concerns – personal to global. Our expanded web site and blogs are setting records for visitors. A million people have used our engaging computer-based and Path of Hope activities.
8. LPF peace worship materials include litanies, bulletin inserts, songs, sermons and a resource packet. We co-wrote the International Day of Prayer for Peace insert used in 10,000 churches.
7. Our advocacy updates, e-alerts, and blogs help Lutherans urge their elected officials to act on crucial peace and justice concerns. LPF helped Lutherans gather more petitions for a global ban on landmines than any other US church or group.
6. LPF leaders serve on the ELCA task force on a culture of peace, regional and national youth planning committees, and ecumenical and interfaith networks like Christian Peace Witness.
5. Hundreds of congregations, 31 synods, and the Churchwide Assembly passed our resolution on the UN Decade for Peace calling for sustained peace education and action in the church. Our director served as the US delegate to UN Decade planning meetings in India.
4. Daylong and weekend leadership training workshops – 70 across the country since 1999 – equip and support Lutheran leaders to better serve their congregation, synod, youth group…
3. LPF’s youth program, led by a full-time coordinator, has helped youth leaders and youth directors in forty states develop their peacemaking and leadership skills.
2. LPF helped win significant legislative victories on expanded aid to Africa, debt reduction, and increased poverty-focused aid in our top advocacy priority, ending world hunger.
1. All our work is grounded in the gospel call for us to be peacemakers and justice seekers.
Click here for information
on how to Support