Pink Floyd Trivia Test
(1) What do "The Tea Set" "Sigma Six", "The Flowers" & "Joker Wild" all have in common?
(2) Whose are the vocals on : a) "One of these Days", b)"Have a Cigar" & c) "Great Gig in the Sky" (DSoM) version).
(3) Who are Madamoiselle Nobbs & Seamus, and what is their relationship with Pink Floyd?
(4) Who else made an album called "Dark Side of the Moon", and when?
(5) Who directed "The Wall"? Name two other films made by him featuring music and entertianment.
(6) What is the underlying theme for "Wish you Were Here"?
(7) Who drove a van for which famous fashion house?
(8) Who attended which music college?
(9) Who produced "Arnold Layne"?
(10) Who is Norman Smith, what other name does he use and for what is this alias noted?
(11) What does "Ummagumma" mean?
(12) Name the two stars who provided spoken material for DSoM, but were rejected in favour of, among others. Jerry the Irish doorman.
(13) Who played on a session for WYWH, but was not eventually used. with whom was he recording at the time in EMI studios?
(14) In what country was "Another Brick.." banned?
(15) Who was first concidered as a replacement for Syd Barret in 1967?
(16) Which future Lieutenant Governor of California worked on which Pink Floyd soundtrack & who directed that movie?
(17) Which director went on to make which successful Hollywood film after making "More" &"La Valle"?
(18) What is scientiically incorrect on DSoM's cover, and what is missing?
(19) Is Syd Barret's real name Roger, David, Nick or Rick?
(20) Was DSoM originally concieved in Abby Road, St Augustines's Road or Rodeo Drive?
(21) Where did the title of Atom Heart Mother come from?
WHERE WOULD YOU FIND:
(22) "Coral Caves"
(23) "Watching the Watcher"
(24) "Distant ships' smoke.."
(25) A wooden leg
(26) Reference to the I Ching
(27) " quiet desperation"
(28) Who is the strange figure on the right hand side of the cover of "Saucer"?
(29) Which ballet company did Pink Floyd play live for? Who was it's director & who initially agreed to dance the lead role? Who intended to direct the proposed movie, and what was the story to be based on?
(30) What was DSoM originally called, when performed live?
(31) What was the previous studio album called?
(32) What did the engineer of DSoM go on to write & produce?
(33) Who appeared at the recording of "Shine On You Crazy Diamond"?
(34) What escaped from Battersea power station?
(35) Who else was on the bill when Pink Floyd first played The Winterland Ballroom in 1967?
(36) What's behind the red veil?
(37) Where was "Animals" recorded?
(38) Who was the orchestral arranger on "The Wall" and what is his connection with Sherwood forest?
(39) Who was in which studio recording what album during the making of Piper at the Gates of Dawn?
(40) Which artist animated "The Wall"? Who is he married to and who was her previous boyfriend? Who is her brother, and and what was his partner called?
(41) What is the longest song title in the Floyd repertoire and what is the shortest?
(42) What is the meaning of The Division Bell?
(43) What is the building behind the statues on the cover of The Division Bell?
(44) Where were the "Games For May" held and in which year?
(45) Which of Floyd's secretaries later married a pop star?
(46) What was Hipgnosis and what names were associated with it?
(47) Where is Grantchester Meadows?
(48) Who is Gerald?
(49) Who supported Floyd on their first Japanese gig and which year was this?
(50) Who inspired "One Of These Days" and who inspired "Shine On You Crazy Diamond"?
Ultimate Pink Floyd Links|
Trivia Answers |
Pink Floyd Pix|
Comments or questions contact: email@example.com