This poser tutorial was written by Neutron on the poser news group. The
question that was originally asked is:
I've looked everywhere and I'm new to poser 4. The reason I bought it
was that it was advertised as being able to map a photo to a poser
model. I would greatly appreciate any help that you may provide.
Please forgive my ignorance but if you could put it in the simplest
terms or steps.
- you need photoshop (APS) or paint shop pro
- import the texture map you like as
the bottom layer
- import your face photo as the top layer,
- move your face photo over the texture
map face, align and resize so the eyes
and mouth match
- erase the parts of your face photo, like
the hair, that won't fit
- increase face photo layer opacity to 100%
- match your face photo colour and saturation
with the texture map face colour and saturation
- feather your face photo, which is now
slightly smaller than the texture map face,
into the edge of the texture map face
- flatten and export the new texture map
- find or create an hairstyle that will make
the face photo look like the person it represents
Does all this sound complicated? Yes, it is.
You should allow 6-9 months to get up to speed
on Poser and the same amount of time to get
up to speed on PSP or APS.
Last modified Thu Oct 14 20:44:43 1999.