]Lunar: The Silver Spoof, Nall’s Transformation By Xeta Psilon, xeta@stratos.net It was a fine day on Lunar, the sun was shining, the bees were buzzing, and some wizard was accidentily turning wine into water (he just can’t get that spell right…). Alex was humbly doing whatever it is he does now that he’s defeated the ultimate evil in the world. No one really seems to ever think about what heros do once they win. Get an interview, a few knightings, and then what? He kinda wished that he’d done something neat, like get cursed with a third arm that he can go on a quest to remove, but NO! He just gets bored doing little peasent work. Besides, he’s only a kid, and can’t get married to Luna or anything, THAT would be interesting. But no. He wished Nall would chill with him for a while. But no, he has to go “learn the ways of a dragon…” Alex just thinks he’s going and eating fish all day, which isn’t wrong because it’s right. That’s when the revalation came. He then decided that he needed something to do other than wave his hoe around. That’s when he took up badmitten. Yes, that great sport of whiney kings. He decided all the other sports were snubby (snubby?). He just sat there and waited for an opponent, it’s a lot more fun than you think! Nall on the other hand was “Becoming a Dragon…” and getting kind of sick in the process. That’s when he got a vision! A great angel of Althena appeared before him and told him he had a great mission to fulfill. Nall just then popped his ears and asked the angel to repeat what he said. The angel, obviously insulted, go told Nall to screw an egg. He then went to a pub in order to drown his angellic sorrows in a good lager and was condemed by the other gods by not doing his job, and picked up a job with Zophar. Nall on the other hand had not fully prepared himself for the moment of truth, and when his stunning first transformation occurred, Nall was strategically located in timessquare. The initial shock to the villagers was as if nothing had happened, they just thought – “Hey, a cat became a guy.” Then a few minutes later it was – “HEY, that CAT just became a GUY!!!” And then there was all the women who smashed him with their feet shouting pervert! When he finally came to, he was fully clothed with the town’s finast potato bag. He still hadn’t taken in the fact that he was a guy! He had taunted them all his life, and now he was one! It was a total bust! It must have been that angel’s fault, and he left to pursue him. Little did he know that the immortal soul was currently reaking havok with traffic tickets. He left the town, care of the femenist association, with some new clothes and a sword. It wasn’t a good sword, just a first level one. It took him some time adjusting to the fact that his sprite now changed when he entered the overworld map. He managed to make his way past the rubble of Vane to Meridia where he could rest his rump at Ramus’s. Little did he know that as a dragon NO ONE knew who he was, and when he came in saying, “Yo Ramus, it’s me Nall!” This got him nowhere, and when he tried to reason with him, and tell him his story, Ramus but only laughed at him, laughing back: “This is Fantasy Lunar we live on, things like THAT don’t happen here…” Nall, very disgruntled, left very disgruntled in a very disgruntled mannor. He thought the only good idea was to take a walk down Black Rose street. There he met a sorceress Xertula. After whinning about his sab story in a bar to her, she helped him out by buying him another drink. Nine pints later, he was a little more than tipsy. She enjoyed having him around more like this, which shouldn’t be confused with her seducing him, she wouldn’t even think about being with a psychopath who has two coloured hair and fangs. She merely enjoyed him balancing a plate, on a fork, and his nose with the percision and skill not even he could master, which shows because it all came crashing down. He left the bar later (which is good because if he left earlier than you’d know that I was really on some tough drugs…) and he and Xertula went to “Prank the neighbors” when suddenly the Johnsons caught them and Nall wished only to fly away, and he did, glad to know that he was in his good old fuzzy- form. Xertulas was amazed that Nall’s story was true, and not the product of a few mental problems (in the writer actually…). And knowing that this was right, she felt that he was no longer the silly person he once was, and left him to go tell the stupid wizard from the beginning of the story that it’s WATER to WINE, not WINE to WATER! (It didn’t help, but her moving to this new place caused changes in the astral plane that holistically led to the original angel (who’s name happens to be Mel, but that doesn’t matter) to have a change of heart and tell Nall about his shapeshifting powers. Nall was so amazed by this sudden revalation, that he decided to tell Alex, who became instantly excited and taught him to play badmitten, and they lived happily ever after until Alex died, and Nall realised that something was missing in his life now that Badmitten was gone, some kind of unfillable void…