wide plastic lid (such as a lid from a margarine tub)
1 Drinking straw
A hole punch
Crayons, markers, and/or stickers
A small wad of play dough
1. Cut a triangle from a piece of construction paper - this will be your sail.
2. Decorate the sail with crayons, markers, and/or stickers.
3. Punch three holes along one side of the triangle.
4. Weave a drinking straw (the boat's mast) through the holes.
5. Put a small wad of molding clay on the inside of the lid. Push the end of the drinking straw into the clay.
6. You now have a cute little toy sailboat that can float in water!