Blog Tools
Edit your Blog
Build a Blog
RSS Feed
View Profile
« August 2006 »
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
You are not logged in. Log in
Entries by Topic
All topics  «
Misc.
Poker
Politics
Religion
Television
Sleepless in Fulham: Rambling and gambling by David Young
Monday, 21 August 2006
Terror threatens Germany.
Topic: Politics

What are Germans to make of the news that two young men, at least one of whom had middle-eastern connections, attempted to explode bombs on trains packed with commuters? In contrast to Britain, where terrorist apologists can be relied upon to quickly rustle up a few excuses about various provocations, it's not obvious what Germans could do differently. They have no troops in Iraq, no troops in Afghanistan, no involvement in Algeria, no involvement in Chechnya, no ban on headscarves and didn't publish cartoons about Mohammed!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/5267920.stm  

Despite trying hard to be good infidels, they are still targets.


_ DY at 12:43 AM BST
Updated: Monday, 21 August 2006 2:01 PM BST
Post Comment | View Comments (15) | Permalink

Monday, 21 August 2006 - 2:05 PM BST

Name: "David Young"
Home Page: https://members.tripod.com/overlay_uk3

If you looked at this entry before and saw something much longer, no you are not dreaming. I deleted the second story about the Malaga to Manchester flight, because I think this German story is more interesting.

Monday, 21 August 2006 - 2:58 PM BST

Name: "Commie Boy"

"David Young" wrote:

If you looked at this entry before and saw something much longer, no you are not dreaming. I deleted the second story about the Malaga to Manchester flight, because I think this German story is more interesting.

 

Personally David I found your Malaga one much more interesting!

"I don't know what to make of this. I would certainly like to hear the two men's story if they're prepared to talk."

What "story"? I’ll tell it to you. 2 Muslim blokes on a plane going to another country. End of. Can you explain whose business it is what they were doing?

"But I am sure that it's not fair for those not present to condemn the passengers who walked off the flight."

Yes it is, and I’m about to. Fucking pampered pieces of stuck up Daily Mail reading shit. Every single asshole that refused to fly should have been told to shut the fuck up or get the fuck off the plane so that everyone, who has paid their ticket money, can reach their required destination. If someone doesn’t want to fly because they’re an ignorant media spoon-fed wanker, they should just leave the plane. Go home, wrap themselves back up in cotton wool, snuggle up with a cup of cocoa and a copy of "the great speeches of Richard Littlejohn" and never disturb the rest of us normal human beings who are capable of thinking for ourselves. In the 1980’s would it have been perfectly acceptable for people in a pub to make the landlord kick out any Irish blokes in case they blew the place up? Frankly, that would make more sense. Some members of the IRA actually did blow up pubs. Can you please supply me with the list of Muslim’s who have highjacked planes in the UK and/or blown them up?

Look the doors, board up the windows and just keep repeating to yourself "nasty men gonna get me…nasty men gonna get me"

"Relax England your government is in control. We will protect you. Just do as we say. Your Government is in control. We are saving you from Terror. We are in control. We are keeping you from danger. We are in control"

I must admit though, I do fear for a lot of people’s lives in this country and throughout the world. This government scares the shit out of me. If you happen to find yourself on a plane with any members of the current administration, then that’s the one occasion when I would encourage all the people on board to not only have him removed from the plane, but to have him removed from society and placed on the London underground with a beard and a rucksack for the sport of the country’s police.

Rant over !

Cheers

CB


Monday, 21 August 2006 - 4:05 PM BST

Name: overlay_uk3
Home Page: https://members.tripod.com/overlay_uk3

Can you please supply me with the list of Muslims who have highjacked planes in the UK and/or blown them up?  

Certainly -

Richard Reid, aka, 'the shoe bomber', is British. He tried to destroy a flight from Paris to Miami in December 2001 (one and a quarter years before the Iraq war). He was a convert to Islam.

Zacarias Moussaoui, though not British, was radicalised into extremism while in London. He was not a hijacker, but he did attend a flight school to learn how to fly a plane once airborne and showed no interest in learning about take-off and landing.

===============================================

As far as you comparison with Irish terrorism goes, I'm afraid it doesn't hold up. The IRA didn't use suicide bombers, they left bombs hidden and ran away. So if you were near some Irish people you were probably safe. When I worked in the City, there used to be two Irish guys who busked on the platform of the Waterloo-Bank line ("the drain"). On the few days they weren't there I RAN up the escalator instead of walking.

DY

Monday, 21 August 2006 - 4:17 PM BST

Name: overlay_uk3
Home Page: https://members.tripod.com/overlay_uk3

Of course if I'm allowed to include trains and buses as well as planes, I can add four more names of actual killers and four other 'wannabes'.

There's also the curious case of Mohammed Afroze, currently in jail in India for plotting to hijack a plane and crash into a target in London -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohammed_Afroze 

DY

Monday, 21 August 2006 - 4:22 PM BST

Name: "James Feeny"

The trouble is that this country is a pathetic joke. The way that human rights are interpreted almost makes me think that the people who vote for our super tolerant government deserve to suffer for it.

Everything that the great Mrs Thatcher fought for has been given away. It is time that we bring back the death sentence and deal with these extremists. Some people think that we should deport them. I think that is a soft waste of time. We should deport people who condone terrorism and sentence the people who commit these crimes to death.

Comparing this backward thinking Muslim society to the IRA is not accurate at all. The IRA always sent a warning before something happened. The terrorists today just want to take as much innocent life as possible.

They do not belong in our society. I also blame the super tolerant too. BRING BACK THE DEATH SENTENCE FOR THE BOTH OF THEM.

Monday, 21 August 2006 - 4:36 PM BST

Name: "Commie Boy"

overlay_uk3 wrote:

Of course if I'm allowed to include trains and buses as well as planes, I can add four more names of actual killers and four other 'wannabes'.

There's also the curious case of Mohammed Afroze, currently in jail in India for plotting to hijack a plane and crash into a target in London -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohammed_Afroze 

DY

So as I said, neither of those examples where on flights to Britain. David, why do you always persist in picking parts of arguments apart (badly and incorrectly in this case "Paris to Miami????!!! England I said!!!?..You’re not American David your Geography must be better than that!)) instead of acknowledging the line the piece is taking and then debating that? You can name 2 people who have tried to kill people and that warrants policy change does it? That warrants being scared does it? That warrants people refusing to get on planes with Muslim’s does it? Sorry David, I’m not scared. No one I’ve spoken to is scared. I don’t believe any of the crap fed me by the government through the media. Neither do the people I talk to. So scare yourself and anyone who will listen if you want, but if I was really to be scared for anyone, I would look at the figures. I tell you what David, you can fill in the blanks on this one. Christians killed by Muslim’s in the last 5 years ________? Muslim’s killed by Christians in last 5 years________ (and yes, Bush and Blair are both fundamentalist Christians. Please include all deaths inflicted by British and US bombs/soldiers etc in the name of freedom, God, war on Terror, celery, mince pies and any other bullshit reason the Good Lord, I mean Bush, provides.) So, now you’ve answered that David are you scared for the Muslim’s of the world? I’ll allow you a hundred thousand either way on the dead Muslim’s front, so that we don’t get caught up in tiny details !!!!!

Oh yeah some bloke in jail somewhere is not evidence to back up nutty policy. I want convicted by a court of law "terrorist" (I’ll also accept dead through blowing themselves up) or they don’t count….sorry. Keep hand picking the media stories that suit you.

"On the few days they weren't there I RAN up the escalator instead of walking." If that is a joke, very good. If not, there is no hope for you. You are destined to live your life shit scared and backing any policy to make your tiny little world safer.

Cheers

CB

(hiding behind the desk)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Tuesday, 22 August 2006 - 4:34 AM BST

Name: "David Young"

Hold on. I'm not allowed to include people who blow up trains or buses, anyone who is convicted for trying to blow up a plane that didn't take off from UK airspace, even if their British and I can't include anyone who's in jail in India, even if they were convicted of an act of terrorism that was aimed partly at the UK.

Who's doing the hand picking?

I don't know what I would have done on the Malaga flight. Probably nothing. Or maybe talked to them to explain what was making others panic. But I won't condemn those who thought that protecting their own lives was more important than displaying their PC credentials.

As far as deathtolls are concerned, in the period that you and I have been alive, the biggest figures are in the Muslim v Muslim violence. They dwarf christian/muslim numbers in either direction.

 

DY 

Tuesday, 22 August 2006 - 12:03 PM BST

Name: "Matt Arnott"

Germany though has enough political problems to make Israel jelous.

I'm not sure if you have ever been to Germany (or in particular Berlin) but I think you would quite like it. There is a political and economic divide that is hard to comprehend. Whilst the fall of the Berlin wall may have United Germany as a nation, they are certainly not a nation united. People from the east of Berlin are still overlooked for jobs and everywhere you look there are slogans on walls "Ost Ost Ost." The large Turkish community inhabit the old East and there is generally a hatred aimed at the government and more affluent West.

Tuesday, 22 August 2006 - 1:05 PM BST

Name: "anonymous"

"James Feeny" wrote:

"The IRA always sent a warning before something happened."

 

Tell that to the people of Birmingham or Guildford and numerous other places who received no warning before getting blown to fuck by those 'civilised' terrorists.

Also, I'm not sure how much of a deterrent the death penalty (or should that read DEATH PENALTY?) would be, when it comes to suicide bombers.

Simple solutions to complicated issues will only work for simple people.


Tuesday, 22 August 2006 - 2:51 PM BST

Name: "James Feeny"

"anonymous" wrote:
"James Feeny" wrote:

"The IRA always sent a warning before something happened."

 

Tell that to the people of Birmingham or Guildford and numerous other places who received no warning before getting blown to fuck by those 'civilised' terrorists.

Also, I'm not sure how much of a deterrent the death penalty (or should that read DEATH PENALTY?) would be, when it comes to suicide bombers.

Simple solutions to complicated issues will only work for simple people.

 
OK Sherlock, maybe you could express your opinion. When I was referring to the death penalty I was mainly referring to our domestic policies and how I believe that in Britain we are much too tolerant. This does not just apply to terrorists, I believe that this applies to all criminals.
 
Your right Sherlock, the death penalty would not be much of a deterrent. However, if we had even the faintest idea of who is in our bloddy country then it might help. The lack of control over our borders is shocking. The terrorist should be sentenced to death, not as a deterrent but simply because they do not belong in our society. If you deport them they would only cause trouble elsewhere.
 
You say that simple solutions will only work for simple people. It actually is quite simple. Britain has lost its independance (if you want me to go into why I will) and is dominated by EU laws. This is what makes it complicated. This is due to Tony Blair wanting to be head of the EU. Another reason we should vote him out. The sooner you relise that Sherlock, the better.


Thursday, 24 August 2006 - 1:37 PM BST

Name: "anonymous"

Sherlock? What are you talking about? If this is an attempt to patronise, then surely one should have a mastery of one's subject matter before embarking on such a path.

Now, about these IRA bombs and their warnings...

This EU stuff. Do you sense a conspiracy? Is it the lizards, the muslims, the zionists, the liberals, who are ruining are way of life?

The EU exists for one reason and one reason only: to facilitate commerce between states - it's something your beloved Mrs Thatcher should have been proud of.

Thursday, 24 August 2006 - 3:59 PM BST

Name: "David Young"

"The EU exists for one reason and one reason only: to facilitate commerce between states - it's something your beloved Mrs Thatcher should have been proud of."

That's not true. I wish it were, but it's miles from the truth. The EU was founded as a political institution from the outset, with the intention of binding Germany to the rest of rest of western Europe, especially France, so that war would be impossible. Free trade was a lesser consideration. The original founders wrote of an 'ever closer union'. But it was sold to the British public as a 'common market'. If only that were all it aspired to.

DY

Friday, 25 August 2006 - 12:59 AM BST

Name: "James Feeny"

"anonymous" wrote:

Sherlock? What are you talking about? If this is an attempt to patronise, then surely one should have a mastery of one's subject matter before embarking on such a path.

Now, about these IRA bombs and their warnings...

This EU stuff. Do you sense a conspiracy? Is it the lizards, the muslims, the zionists, the liberals, who are ruining are way of life?

The EU exists for one reason and one reason only: to facilitate commerce between states - it's something your beloved Mrs Thatcher should have been proud of.

 
 
Stick to football.

Friday, 25 August 2006 - 1:00 PM BST

Name: "anonymous"

OK, I'll rephrase that. The principal role of the EU today, is to facillitate commerce etc etc.

Are you suggesting that the creation of the Eurozone was intended to do anthing other than promote commerce?

It's why I've never really understood why so may tories opposed it. And why, the arch capitalist Blair was always so in favour of it.

Friday, 25 August 2006 - 1:13 PM BST

Name: "anonymous"

"James Feeny" wrote:
"anonymous" wrote:

Sherlock? What are you talking about? If this is an attempt to patronise, then surely one should have a mastery of one's subject matter before embarking on such a path.

Now, about these IRA bombs and their warnings...

This EU stuff. Do you sense a conspiracy? Is it the lizards, the muslims, the zionists, the liberals, who are ruining are way of life?

The EU exists for one reason and one reason only: to facilitate commerce between states - it's something your beloved Mrs Thatcher should have been proud of.

Stick to football.

 Do explain. I was hoping for a proper answer but you've left me a little bemused.

 Blair is a capitalist hence his embracing the EU. There's nothing more to it than that. I see no conspiracy but if you know better I'm all ears.

View Latest Entries