/English << >>English /Russian
Deutsch/English << >>English
IN THE HOSPITAL
- Because on the branch that is tapping my pane
- A sun-wakened leaf-bud, uncurled,
- Is bursting its rusty brown sheathing in twain,
- I know there is Spring in the world.
- Because through the sky-patch whose azure and white
- My window frames all the day long
- A yellow-bird dips for an instant of flight,
- I know there is Song.
- Because even here in this Mansion of Woe
- Where creep the dull hours, leaden-shod,
- Compassion and Tenderness aid me, I know
- There is God.
© 2000 Elena and