Before starting, I suggest you to read the complete tutorials. This will greatly lower the chances of you making a mistake.
- soldering iron (How to solder)
- electronic solder
- diagonal cutter
- Mini glue gun. If you don't have a glue gun you could just melt the glue stick with your soldering iron.
N.B: Always clean your soldering iron with a old clothe.
Components for the robot
- 2 small 1.5 Volts motors
- 2 small paperclips
- 2 big paperclips
- 2 batteries AAA or AA
- 1 battery holder AAA or AA
- 1 2 cm of heat shrink
- 1 wooden pearl (for the caster)
- 1 meter of electric wire
- 2 Sub-mini lever SPDT switches
Here are the serial numbers of the components and tools from RadioShack.
|mini glue gun
|hot glue stick
|1.5 Volts motor
At Solarbotics you can find the dual AA battery holder and the Mabuchi motor. You can find these components at any good electronic store.
©2001 Jérôme Demers. All rights reserved.