Become a PALE ALES Member!
PALE ALES (Princeton And Local Environs Ale
and Lager Enjoyment Society) is a non-profit, homebrew club based in
the Central NJ area. Homebrew clubs are a great way to meet fellow brewers; exchange
techniques and knowledge; discuss styles, judging, flavors; and of course, just have fun!
We feel that our club is one of the best in the region, and can offer you the previously
mentioned benefits, and a lot more: Some of the benefits of being a PALE ALES member:
- Monthly meetings, which feature world-class brewers (and their beers!).
Past speakers have included representatives from breweries such as Brooklyn Brewery,
Rogue, Independence Brewing, Flying Fish, High Point Wheat Beer, River Horse, and others.
- A monthly newsletter (email and print), which gives you information on
beer-related events in the area, homebrewing competitions, club news, and special reports
(tour of English breweries, weekend homebrew camps, etc.)
- A members-only discount (5%) at Princeton Homebrew (located on Witherspoon St. in
Princeton, 609-252-1800). In addition to featuring a great selection of supplies, owner
Joe Bair is also a great source of brewing information.
- An outstanding annual homebrew competion. This BJCP-certified competition was one
of the largest on the East Coast last year, attracting over 350 entries, and featured
thousands of dollars worth of prizes!
- Workshops on brewing techniques, detecting off-flavors, and other topics
- Constructive evaluations of your homebrews by experienced homebrewers.
- Tasting styles (for example, a rye bock), which are not readily
Of course, the most important asset of a homebrew club is its members. Our members have
a wealth of experience in judging, grain and extract brewing, and brewing techniques. One
of our members just won a gold medal in the recent national AHA competition. Another of
our members won the Longshot competition for their Molasses Coffee Stout. This beer (as
produced by Sam Adams) recently won a gold medal in the World Beer Cup as well.
Membership is only $25 per year, and as you can see, you get quite a lot of
value for your money. Join one of the best homebrew clubs in NJ - PALE ALES!