The books used for reference can be purchased from
Orthodox Bookstores such as:
St. Vladimir's Seminary Bookstore:1-(914)961-2203
Light and Life Publishing Company: 1-(888)925-3918
The books I have used for this particular project are:
(1) The Orthodox Study Bible, St. Athanasius Academy
'93, Thomas Nelson, Inc. (New King James Version Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson, Inc.)
(2) The Septuagint with Apocrypha: Greek and English, translated by Sir Lancelot C. Brenton, Publ. 1851, Regency Reference Library, Zondervan
(3) Journey to Heaven: Counsels on the Particular Duties of Every Christian, by St. Tikon of Zadonsk, transated by Fr. George D. Lardas, Holy Trinity Monastery, Jordanville, '91
(4) The Macmillan Bok of Earliest Christian Hymns, edited bt F. Forrester Church & Terrence J. Mulry, Macmillan Publishing Co. '88
(5) Bless All Thy Creatures, Lord: Prayers for Animals, edited by Richard Newman, Macmillan Publishing Co. '88, (ISBN 0-02-588880-3 - Further research is required on this source.)
(5A) Animals and Man: A State of Blessedness, by Joanne Stefanatos D.V.M., '92, Light and Life Publishing Co.
(6) Man and the Cosmos: St. Maximos the Confessor, by Lars Thunburg, St. Vladimir's Seminary Press
(7) Service Book of the Holy Orthodox-Catholic Apostolic Church, compiled and translated by Isabel Florence Hapgood, 5th Edition '75, Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdiocese of New York and All North America
(8) Praying with the Orthodox Tradition, compiled by Stefano Parenti, trans. by Paula Cliffird, '96, St. Vladimir's Seminary Press
(9) Lenten Triodion, translated by Bishop Kallistos Ware & Mother Mary, London '78
(11) The Philokalia, Volume Four, translated by G.E.H. Palmer & Philip Sherrard & Kallistos Ware, Faber & Faber Ltd., '95
(12) The Human Presence: Ecological Spirituality and the Age of the Spirit, by Metropolitan Paulos Mar Gregorios, Amity House Inc. '87
(13) The Spiritual Life and How to be Attuned to It, by St. Theophan the Recluse, translated by Alexandra Dockham, St. Herman of Alaska Brotherhood '95
(14) The Orthodox Way, by Kallistos Ware, St. Vladimir's Seminary Press '79
(15) My Life in Christ, by St. John of Kronstadt, translated by E.E. Goulaeff in 1897, Holy Trinity Monastery '94
(16) The First Created Man, by St. Symeon the New Theologian, translated by Fr. Seraphim Rose, St. Herman of Alaska Brotherhood, Revised '94, originally The Sin of Adam '79
(17) Divine Prayers and Services of the Catholic Orthodox Church of Christ, 2nd Edition, compiled & arranged by Rev. Seraphim Nassar, Syrian Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese of New York and All North America '61
(18) St. John Chrysostom Homilies on Genesis 1-17, The Fathers of the Church series, translated by Robert C. Hill, The Catholic University of America Press '86
(19) The Nicene and Post-Nicene Fathers, Vol. VIII, Wm. B. Eerdmans Publishing Co.
(20) The Orthodox Study Bible, St. Athanasius Academy of Orthodox Theology 2008, Thomas Nelson, Inc. (St. Athanasius Academy Septuagint Copyright © 2008 by St Athanasius Academy of Orthodox Theology) amd NKJV sited above as number one.
There is some mighty fine reading here Folks, so please don't hesitate to seek out these books!
For more information on the Orthodox Church, or to find a friendly English speaking parish near you (or to find a parish to visit while on vacation!!), I recommend contacting the Orthodox Church in America.
Thank you Draac 1-2-3 for the animations used on these pages!
May God bless you for your kindness and generosity!
Cross background on Beth Memorial Page courtesy of Tigereyes Graphics II.
Wonderful help in html is available at HTML Goodies and Webmonkey. Both of these sites are invaluable to me since I am on WebTV and must write my own stuff online. I also used Draac 1-2-3 but that site is no longer available. (I'll have to see if he is still online at a different site.) Much thanks to you all!
Orthodox Prayer for & with our Fellow Creatures