Vegita's Training

Vegita entered the throne room. "Why has that old coot called for me? I've got to go train." He mumbled to himself. He kneeled before his father, the King of planet Vegita. "What is it you request of me during my sparring period with the General?" His father motioned for him to sit down in the adjacent throne. It had been a while since the King had had a queen, so the seat had been vacant for a long time. Vegita wondered if he would ever have a mother for more than a year. "Always trying to find the most attractive to meet your standards, father. Why couldn't you just stick with Mom? She was the perfect one. She actually loved me, instead of the other bimbos, whom you loved for obvious reasons…" he thought.

"You must never allow yourself to be beaten," started the King. Vegita was tired of listening to his father ramble on about what he 'should' do and what he 'shouldn't'. "And, so you understand a few more things I have to say," he said, and motioned to a guard. He stepped towards the king. He then shot the guard in both legs, causing him to drop to the ground, wincing in pain.

"Why? I was your loyal servant?" He growled.

"Simple. I have to make an example to my son. Does that bother you?"

"You are going to pay for this, sir! You shouldn't hurt those who would lay down their lives for you!" He yelled, and prepared to blast him. The King simply waved his hand, causing the guard to explode.

"You see, my son, that if you are beaten, it will enrage you, correct?" Vegita nodded. He didn't see why his father had killed a very fine fighter to make a useless point such as that. "If you are enraged, then you wish to get even, and fight again, correct? That is just it. When the defeated are allowed to live, they get stronger, and then they come after you. You can never let that happen. Don't let your enemy escape alive." Vegita nodded again, seeing the point. "If your comrade falls in battle, but isn't killed, you can save him. He will then be stronger, and can fight better, since he will have added strength, and anger on his side. But this can be a downfall, if it is you, for your opponent will not be as forgiving."

Vegita began to wonder why his father was saying this. "I am the strongest Saiya-Jin! Why is he telling me what to do if I am beaten? I seriously doubt that I, or even the General, will be defeated!" he mumbled. "Because you are not invincible, you fool! Don't forget that Freeza's henchmen can't charge outward Ki, but they still contain more inward Ki than you do right now! And Freeza himself can, or so he says." The king bellowed. Vegita had forgotten that he had purposely had someone shoot him in the ears, and then immediately healed them. He had done the same with his eyes, nose, and tongue.

The General entered. "King Vegita, is there a reason my training of your son has been interrupted? I have yet to teach him how to draw forth his Ki," bowing as he entered. King Vegita looked him up and down. "Don't question me, Nappa. If I want to talk to my son, then I will do so whenever I want to. Or do you wish to debate me further?" He replied. This amused Vegita. Only soldiers were allowed to learn how to utilize the body's Ki, or secondary energy, which could be used as a propellant, or an attack. Only the highest-ranking soldiers were allowed to be taught how to draw Ki in from all around them. And the General, Nappa didn't know that he had already been taught that.

Their research on Ki was very unclear. The scientists that had been working on drawing Ki in from certain sources hadn't been having much luck. It was known that you had a certain amount of Ki within your body, which you could use as an energy source for things such as object manipulation and thrown attacks of pure energy. And you had a certain amount of outer Ki which your body could draw in and contain, equal to about 4 times as much as your inner Ki. The only problem was, it wasn't known where this Ki came from. As far as the scientists could tell, it came from everything around them, yet they couldn't control where exactly it came from. They had been successful at creating a radar device to detect someone who had a high amount of inner Ki, which was easily produced. They had also made a breakthrough when a scientist had been able to judge by the inner Ki of the people themselves as to whether or not they could charge outer Ki, and, if they could, how much they could charge. He then made an improved "Scouter" as they were called. They were harder to make, though, as the materials for that kind of calculation were rare. And if you were to draw in more than you could hold, then you would start to hurt yourself, like trying to flex a muscle too far past what it can handle.

Nappa walked up to Prince Vegita. "With your permission," Nappa said, looking to the King, "I'd like to continue with him." "Very well,' said the king, and he waved his hand to motion him away. Nappa bowed again, and walked out of the room, with Vegita following. "And Vegita," King Vegita said, " don't forget what I said. A defeated opponent is even worse than a dead one." The Saiya-Jin Prince nodded, and strode out.

"You can create a Ki blast already? Why didn't you tell me of this?" Nappa commented, stunned at his early defeat against Vegita. "You didn't know that my father took a notice in my survival? How trivial." He replied, laughing. Vegita and Nappa had been sparring, but Nappa had gotten in a good kick, causing Vegita to get angry enough to show his new ability. He had blasted Nappa through a wall. "Well, if you think you don't need to work your physical attacks anymore, then I will teach you how to charge your Ki from the outside, instead of using up what you have inside," Nappa said, brushing the wall debris off of his shoulder. Vegita shrugged, and began to charge up. Nappa took a step back. "Ok, ok, you already know how to do that. Do you know how to control it?" Nappa asked the prince. Vegita wondered what he meant. All you had to do was charge up, form it into a ball, and launch it. You could create a ball and hurl it, or you could make a ball with a train, so you could keep pumping even more energy into it. What more was there to learn?

"You can't even fly, can you? You've never even seen a battle, so you have no idea that you CAN fly, do you?" Nappa asked, mocking the little warrior. He was in his late teens, and over four times stronger than he was. Nappa always preferred to go by the numbers. You could easily figure out how strong your opponent was, and how much energy you would have to put into defeating them. Even if he charged up to his max, he would only reach 12,000, have a power rating of 3,000 himself. Vegita was at 15,000. That was insanely high for any Saiya-Jin, even for the King, who was at 8,000. And he hadn't even charged up yet…Vegita could punch with the force of 3,000, one fifth of his strength. That's NOT charged up. Nappa distinctly feared the short warrior, but he would never show it. When they sparred, he had to charge up to his max just to match Vegita. And now that he had won a few times, Vegita was stronger than his max. AND he could charge up. He wondered if he knew just how strong he was…

Vegita looked at Nappa quizzically. "What else is there to learn? How can I fly? Shoot a blast out of my feet?" Vegita asked sarcastically. Nappa laughed at the idea. "No, no," he answered, "You have to think about it. What makes you think that you can only draw your energy in and throw it like that? Why can't you just control the air around you? Or the objects, or," he hesitated saying, "your own body?" Nappa was afraid of how Vegita would apply that last bit of information. He was already faster than any Saiya-Jin he'd ever seen. If Vegita thought about it, he could use his Ki to propel his arms and legs faster than he could think. That was how Nappa was able to keep up with him all this time, was by applying this trick. Nappa's downfall, thus, was that if he couldn't draw in any Ki, he was slow. He had to be able to move faster than his opponent is. If he was slower, then he would have to worry about blocking, and parrying, and retaliating: things he wasn't good at at all.

"Here," Nappa said, "Let me show you." Nappa then began to draw in as much energy as he could. It would take a while, since Vegita had blasted him. After a couple of minutes, he was at his max, which was actually a little higher than before, since he'd been hit. He charged up to 12,500. "Now, Vegita, get ready to block this," he said, and put all his charged up energy into a massive dash. He whizzed at Vegita, and then sidestepped him, turned, stopped, and grabbed his tail. Vegita blinked, and was on the ground in pain because he had missed Nappa move. "Do you see now? Did you know I could move that fast?" Nappa lectured. He was impressed with himself. He had a little energy left over, so he wasn't panting like he expected himself to.

Vegita looked up at his mentor, and disappeared from Nappa's sight. Vegita jumped behind him, only to get smacked by Nappa's backfist. Vegita rebounded, and threw a right hook at Nappa. Nappa dodged to the left, and kicked him in the stomach, doubling him over. "You were just using your inner Ki, boy. You need to learn to use your outer Ki as well!" Nappa commented. Vegita looked up at him, grimacing. "Ok," Vegita said, and charged up. Nappa took a step back. "Let's not get hasty, boy, or else you will be dropped before you can regain enough Ki to attack me again. Remember that it takes time to charge up enough to propel yourself like that." Vegita smiled, and said, "I know." Nappa then ducked as the rubble of the wall Vegita was using as projectiles flew past. Vegita then lunged, hitting Nappa low, knocking him to the ground. Nappa pushed the Saiya-Jin prince off of him, laughing. "Clever, very clever," he said. "But, we need to get back to your controlling this."

Years Later…

Vegita and Nappa were on the planet Arlia. Vegita had grown into a very strong young man, and Nappa had watched him grow. Nappa had gotten stronger, but not near as strong as he should have. He spent so much time working with Vegita's control, instead of working out and sparring, that he had only grown to a power rating of 4,000. Vegita had grown to 18,000, but he still didn't know much about Ki. He preferred to stick to object manipulation and various energy blasts. He had even learned how to ignite the air around the energy ball he had created, thus inventing the first true "Fireball." Vegita was very vain, as well, and changed his hairstyle entirely, using his Ki to force it up into a point. Nappa was proud of his student. He just wished he would learn more about Ki, like how to sense where another person was by their Ki. Vegita's Ki was so great it covered entire planets. He could find anyone anywhere, provided he would actually listen to him to find out how. But Vegita believed that if an opponent had gotten that far away, then he was a failure as a fighter, since they had gotten away. Nappa could see the point, but hated arguing with the hotheaded warrior.

The Arlian King had put them in prison, where they had sat for about an hour. Vegita was growing bored, and wanted to see some action. Nappa assured him that they were eventually going to be sent before the King, to see them fight. Vegita was bored, and asked Nappa to entertain him. Nappa had learned beforehand that this was not the time to try to teach Vegita something new. He was like a student in school: unless it was truly interesting, which it usually wasn't, then he resented being lectured. So Nappa decided to tell him the story of the "Legendary Super Saiya-Jin," so, in effect, he could also maybe teach him a lesson or two.

"How about the story of the Super Saiya-Jin? I know you've always been interested in that…" Nappa said. Vegita scoffed at the idea that he is interested in a child's fairy tale, but he actually was interested. Nappa continued: "A thousand years ago, there was a great Saiya-Jin warrior. Once, he went into a battle, and was very near losing. But he somehow got away from his enemy, and was able to recharge. After a while, he became so mad that he actually was able to draw in even more energy than was allowed, and he changed shape. He then defeated the evil monster easily, and became the Legendary Super Saiya-Jin."

Vegita then asked, "Ok, if he was merely angry, then how do we know that I'm not a 'Legendary Super Saiya-Jin' too?" "Simple," said Nappa, "Remember, the fable said that he changed shape." Vegita scoffed again, and said, "So what? Maybe it was just said that he changed shape. Maybe his Ki was just larger, and the anger made his face look different! I can smile different, but that doesn't make me actually look different. Maybe they thought he did." Nappa shook his head. "You have to remember those rumors that Freeza has gotten so mad that he changed shape. I've actually heard he can change up to four times!" Vegita laughed. "You actually believe those lies? I ought to smack you for even mentioning that!" Nappa laughed with his pupil, and leaned back against the wall.

"So," Nappa began, "What do you think of Raditz?" Vegita looked at him funny. "What, that he was defeated, or that he underestimated two weaklings and paid for it, or that he was just a weenie to begin with?" He retorted. Nappa shook his head. "I mean the fact that he was stupid enough to drag us into this. I know that his killer should be destroyed, since he was a Saiya-Jin soldier and all, but still, did he really have to get The General of the Saiya-Jin forces and the Prince of all Saiya-Jins involved?" Vegita commented, "I don't mind the chance to fight someone who's weaker than you, Nappa. Besides, I am a prince of nothing anymore, and you are a general of no one. We should avenge the death of one of the last remaining Saiya-Jins, not a lesser-class soldier. And WHEN ARE WE GOING TO GET OUT OF THIS CELL?" He yelled. A guard walked up to the bars.

"You'll get out when I want to let you out, you short little freak!" The guard said, pointing a rifle at him. Vegita had that look in his eye, Nappa could tell. You don't dare insult someone as strong as him, unless you are a good friend of his, and joking. Or on lots of drugs. That guard was none of these. Vegita stood up. "What did you just say?" The guard looked at him funny. "You heard me, shorty. Sit down, and shut up, before I shoot that stupid look off of your ugly mug and pointed hair. I've seen some disgusting aliens in my days as head guard here, but you are the definite winner. Now SIT DOWN!" Vegita's eyebrow began to twitch. He looked at Nappa. Nappa just smiled, looked at the guard, then looked at Vegita again. Then he nodded.

The cell doors, guard, and most of the hallway exploded. Nappa protected himself and the other pitiful idiots in the cell with a Ki shield, something else Vegita had never bothered to learn. Vegita took the flying debris head on, allowing it to smash off of his armor harmlessly. The other people in the cell looked at the short fighter in amazement, realizing that this was their chance to get out of the cell.

Vegita strode out of the cell and up the stairs to towards the throne room. Two guards crept towards him, guns raised. Vegita turned around to face them, and laughed. "You hope to hurt me? Good luck…you'll be dead before you even realize it." They then dropped to the floor, chests and backs blown out from behind. Nappa stood there, two fingers outstretched. "They wouldn't have done any damage to me." Vegita said. "I know, I just wanted some fun." Said Nappa.

The walked into the throne room. The king had already issued the command for one of his guards to go get them. Vegita commented that there was no need to get he and Nappa. Then he expressed his desire to fight the king's best warrior. One of the men standing around came at him with a sword. "Such a pitiful creature, having to use a weapon," Vegita thought, blasting it's head off. His being able to use an energy attack impressed the king. So Vegita asked if he could fight some of the warriors the King said could do this as well. A group of 8 surrounded Nappa and he, and let loose with a simultaneous blast.

After the smoke cleared, Nappa and Vegita stood there, unscathed. Nappa was truly impressed. He had shown remarkable ability before in learning quickly, but he had just learned how to create a Ki shield just by watching him perform it earlier! Vegita thought nothing of it. Nappa just vaporized the aliens with a wave of his hand.

Then the floor opened up, and a gigantic creature, resembling one of the other fighters, jumped out. Nappa felt the monster's Ki, which was about 3 times stronger than the others. He estimated it to be at about 2,000, but he didn't have a Scouter to check himself. It still wouldn't be much of a fight, though. It swung at Vegita, who took off in one direction. He could have easily taken the blow, and would have broken the things' hand, but he liked to have fun with it. The King tried to escape, which Vegita did not approve of. "Don't let your opponent escape alive," Vegita heard his father say in his head. He then practiced his aim with projectile manipulation, and snapped the coward king's neck.

Vegita recalled that day, when his father had said that to him. It had been the last time he had seen him alive. After that, he and Nappa had been sent to different planets, alone, to wipe them clear for Freeza. Then they had gotten news that a meteor had destroyed Planet Vegita. It had saddened him that his father had died, but in a way, he was glad. His father had been very mean to his mother, eventually killing her because she had given him only one heir, even though he was far stronger than anyone on the planet was. He then sought out more women to bear him more fighters, only to get girls, which was unacceptable. His mother had been kind to him, simply because she was the only person who wasn't always talking to him about fighting. She cared for him, and didn't like to see him fight, since he was only being bred to kill. She didn't want to see him die, which was a strange comfort for him. No one had ever cared for him, save her, and his father had killed her. Strange, how his mother could come to mind when he was busy destroying someone else's civilization. Meanwhile, Nappa was busy destroying the gigantic monster.

Vegita decided to rid his mind of his mother by destroying the entire planet. It would take a bit of Ki to do that, so it would be a slow blast. But the planet wasn't going anywhere, now was it? As he and Nappa stood there, watching the planet vaporize, he thought to himself about what he was going to do to those who destroyed Raditz. He was angered again by a family killing another member of their family; brother against brother. He wanted revenge. But, as a good Saiya-Jin, he erased those feelings from his mind, and decided to let someone lesser handle the job. No need to do the dirty work when there was someone else to do it for you…

Earth. Touchdown. Months later.

As Vegita watched, Nappa fought on against the tall man with one arm. Nappa had chopped the other one off with a clean blow, and was now just humoring the weakling. Nappa had killed off one of the others, and had some of the leftover Sfuru-Jin kill yet another. This one refused to die. But his power was dwindling, and Nappa wasn't even tired. Vegita wasn't worried…yet.

Eventually the tall one got a chance to charge up a blast, and then released it at Nappa. But there was no blast, only the air around Nappa exploded. That was a truly impressive attack, sending all that energy to your opponent, then making it explode around them. Vegita wondered if he could learn it. "Of course I can," he thought, "I'm the best of the best! Why could I NOT learn one of these weaklings' attacks? Nappa had gotten lucky earlier. The little clown-faced one had managed to latch onto his back, where he couldn't grab him, and then charged up and exploded. But he only hit about 3,800 all told - Nappa only had to charge a little to defend it. The taller one had almost gotten him with the air explosion attack, if Nappa hadn't noticed it. It would have done a fair amount of damage to my armor. But it wasn't me, now was it?"

After the blast, the tall one died. He had put his all into it, leaving the three remaining fighters: The Namekian who killed Raditz; the little kid, who looks up to the Namekian like a father; and the short bald guy, who keeps saying that if they would wait for "Gokuu" then they'd have a real fight. Vegita wasn't worried. But he decided to wait a while. "It's only a short amount of time," Vegita thought. "Besides, they aren't Saiya-Jins. They couldn't take advantage of the time like we can." Vegita then looked at Nappa, who had taken off his armor. He was really stupid to think that he would be able to do anything without any armor. Against these three, it could easily mean who would win and who would lose.

After the lull, the little bald guy rushed Nappa, and then shot straight up with a blast, diverting Nappa's attention. While he was looking up, the Namekian rushed in and grabbed Nappa's tail. This amused Vegita. Not only were they much stronger than anyone in this part of the Solar System should be, but they were good fighters, and they knew the Saiya-Jin weakness. Fortunately, Nappa was faster than the green man, and quickly dropped him before he got the chance to blast. Then Nappa decided to pick on the child, which Vegita found amusing. David versus Goliath. And David had no sling.

The little bald man decided to join in the fighting again, and created a disc-attack. Vegita realized that this attack was more than a blast, it was an actual blade. Of course, Nappa was too slow to learn this. Luckily, he didn't lose his head. Nappa was showing such little ability in this fight, it disgusted Vegita. He wondered why Nappa had been assigned to teach him how to fight when he was easily being beaten by a rag-tag group of fighters.

Vegita realized that Nappa had completely forgotten about the Namekian. Sure enough, the green fighter blindsided by his blast. Vegita was amused again by his cohort's pain. He really should have tried harder. Then his Scouter beeped on. According to it, someone with a power rating of 5000 is headed their way. "This is either a fluke, or this Gokuu character is stronger than Nappa! But that can't be!" Vegita thought. Nappa questioned the reading. The Namekian taunted the fighters, saying that they will lose now.

______________________________________________________________________

 

Sorry, but that's all I have so far...I'm working on the rest!