Dreams to Memories
Dreams to Memories

Desiree Conway


I wish I knew what you thought about me....” Sorata’s outgoing voice now soft and his tone light. His hand then went limp from her face.
“Sorata....” She was sobbing and she did not think that she would ever stop. He should not have had to die for her. Should not have had to die at all. She wanted always to see his handsome face with the rugged features and sexy half smile.
Suddenly, a searing pain enveloped her from her back, spreading rapidly, scarlet fluid falling around her in a twisted sibilance. Her mouth opened in a wide O and she felt suddenly the silver blade that was through her back, saw the end of it through her stomach.
“There’s nothing to stop you from asking her now.” The cruel voice of Fuuma-no-Kamui filled her ears as she collapsed atop her beloved Sorata, as the power shield above wavered and died.....

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

She awoke drenched in cold sweat and shaking violently.
“That same dream” She whispered as she pulled the bed sheet up to her chin and gazed out the moonlit window.
“That same dream.” She said again, almost as a whisper.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

A cloud of cherry blossoms almost kept him from seeing her. Like a curtain they slowly parted to reveal a dark haired angel. Nothing short. Her ebony hair was long, and lifted by the wind, the skirt of her school uniform twirled delicatly about her shapely legs.
*God......* He looked upwards and slowly drew in a breath approaching the raven haired angel.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

She closed her eyes, enjoying the feel of the wind on her face, the feathery sakura blossoms gently touching her cheek like a lover’s caress. When she opened her eyes, she saw him.
“Oh God, you scared me!” Her eyes were beatiful, a flashing violet.
He grinned wryly at her, and she found much to her chargrin that it was unbelievably sexy. “Yeah I seem to have that affect on women.” He came forward, closer to her, and she felt herself blush much to her annoyance, at the attentions of this handsome man.
“So, what’s your name?” He asked, voice smooth as silk.
“Why would I tell a strange man my name?”
He laughed. You have a point there.” He said. “In that case, Sorata Arisugawa. It s a pleasure.”
She smiled slightly. “Arashi Kishu, charmed.”
“Well Arashi now that we know each other, why don’t we say you and I go for lunch?”
She snorted. “You sure move fast ne?” She countered, and laughed, enjoying the ease she felt being around him, so familiar...
“Well, a beautiful woman such as yourself does not need to be standing in a park all by herself. Its not good manners for me not to invite you out.”
“Please. I would rather accept a bird’s offer to lunch. I take it Mr. Arisugawa, that you are the type of guy that has never been turned down by a woman?”
*Whoa!* He thought as he looked her up and down appreciativly. Beauty and wit. He had not known why he had suddenly invited her out. As frivolous and silly as he was, it was not his nature to go up to a random woman and ask her out. *A random beautiful woman* he thought.
She was getting more annoyed by the second. Only, whether it was from the way her heart beat faster as she caught him looking at her appreciativly or whether it was his bold, superior manner, she did not know.
“Well, see you around babe.” He said and walked away.
“Babe?” She was disgusted. She ignored the fact that that simple word had sent a shiver down her back.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Kissing her passionatly he pushed her down on the bed, raising his lips from hers to kiss the hollow of her throat, reveling in the gentle gasp she made.
He felt a growing need to love her. Growing by the minute as she whispered his name in his ear. He was losing his hold and sliding out of control.
They were both hot, and a fine sheen of sweat covered them both.
“I love you, I need you.” He panted as he entered her, nearly crying in the joy he felt. “This could be our last time together. He whispered lovingly, pulling back and looking into her eyes. “Arashi.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

He rocketed into a sitting position and breathed heavily as he fought to maintain his frantic beating heart.
“What the hell was that!” He asked out loud. Silence greeted him.
Why had he thought of her? It had been nearly a month since he had last seen her, and every night since then had dreamed of her. Sometimes, they were tender and gentle. Him holding her in his arms. Or they were dangerously passionate, both of them abandoning themselves to an ancient dance of love.
“Damnit.” He breathed. He had to see her again. Had to.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

She was not in much better shape. Dreams of him had left her breathless, sometimes panting with desire, or sobbing hysterically, or smiling slightly, depending on what happened in her dream. There was something amazingly familiar about him, and she was curious to find out everything she could about this strange man.
“Sorata, who are you?” She asked out loud. Only the silence and the darkness greeted her.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

To be truthful, fate had brought them together, torn them apart, and brought them together again. Only to be torn apart...again. Through memories they did not recognize to be such (as they were disguised as dreams) peices, fragments really, helped put their strange existence in perspective, allthough it rose many questions. And the questions did not help their confusion.
Everywhere they went, it seemed as though no one saw them. They were in their own world, isoslated by fate, and this they did not know, or care to know. All that mattered to them was seeing the other agian. The dreams no longer were innocent, but extremely passionate, leaving the dreamer flooded with desire and want for the other person. But it was more than that....only what, they again did not know.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

He saw her again, two weeks later after his last dream of her. He was in a resturant in downtown Tokyo, a popular fast food place. He was sitting at a bar stool, ordering the usual, a cappuchino, though the service was really bad here......
Looking around, observing the people, his breath suddenly caught. It was her. He was sure of it. The raven hair, the proud way she stood, the haughty glimmer of her eyes, so defiant, eyes he longed to look into for real, not just in dreams. He felt his body burn with desire, and he blushed unwittingly at the memories of the passionate dreams he had of her. Slowly, as she approached the bar, he stood up and went over to her.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

She walked into the crowded resturant, looking for a place to sit. It was hard to even find room to stand. She wondered how she even fit through the door. That’s when she saw him. *No, it can not be him...* Immediatly her slight body tensed. Dream-induced passion flooded her, and it was all she could do to not turn the other way and run. He had seen her anyways.
Well, if it isn’t my raven haired Babe.” Sorata said jovially and grinned at her glaring expression. “Come now, Arashi. is it? You appear to be looking for a table. Why don’ t you come on over and join me.
“Did I not tell you I would rather accept a bird’s offer to go out to lunch then with you?”
He laughed. He had finally seen her again, and nothing was going to get him down, not even her biting sarcasm.
*He didnt notice the way my voice shook did he?* Fear came to her then, and she could not understand why.....

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The same dream. The same tender yet erotic dream that had burned itself into her memory happened the very night she saw him again. Once again he kissed her searingly, and whispered that it was the last time they could truly be together. He kissed her everywhere, and the feeling of making love to him was unlike anything that she had ever experienced. Her body was alive. It was no longer apart of her. It was being loved and her body reacted to such ardent caresses. Passionatly. “Sorata.....” That whisper which nearly drove him over the edge. “Arashi shut up” He said fiercly “Shut up or I will no longer be able to control myself.”
“Sorata.” She gasped the sylabyls out and he groaned and pulled her close to him, kissing her with fire it seemed.....

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

It had to stop. He had no choice but to face it. He had to see her again. The trouble was, he had no idea where to begin.
*It’s not like I have her address or anything* He sighed, and he walked into the park where he had first met her.
What surpised him the most was that she was there, exactly where he had first met her.
“Fancy seeing you again.” He grinned at her.
She started and looked at him, eyes wideneing.
“You just wont leave me alone will you!” She snapped and then collapsed to the ground and began to cry. “I am so sick of seeing you Sorata!”
He was stunned, and the words hit him like a blow.
“We havent seen each other that much Arashi.” He was puzzled.
“You are wrong! Everynight I see you! Everynight! I fear them. I fear when I see you because I never know if it means that I will see losing you. YOu being torn away from me in an instant. Or if it means that I will lose my self control because you kiss me so passionatly in my dreams I wake feeling an incredible desire with in me.”
He went closer to her. She pushed him away. “Stay away from me Sorata.” She whispered.

“No.”
“YES!!!” She screamed it at the top of her lungs. Leave me be Sorata!” She was defeated. And he sensed it. When he gently wrapped his arms around her, she didnt resist. Could not resist even if she had wanted to. She did not. She loved him. Had loved him.
“Arashi you too?” Sorata whispered incredulously.
“What do you mean?”
“The dreams. You have them? And they get to the point where you realize you can not feel complete with out the one you dreamed of? That the two of us, who are supposedly strangers, have a love that seems to transcend anything? Arashi I dont know about you, but I know that I love you, and it feels as though I was ment to.”
“Sora....” She did not get to finish the sentence as he kissed her then, as passionatly as in her dream, only more so. The desire was there, stronget than ever and he would not let her go again.
“Iie, not here.” She whispered, looking lovingly up at him.
“Hai. Here.” He sat down, pulling her with him.
“People will see....” She felt a hot blush come to her cheeks as she knew what was about to happen.
“Iie, no one will see Ara-chan.” He whispered the nickname, rolling it around on his tongue. It was perfect for her. Innocent and beautiful, a paradox in a sense, as he knew of her fiery temper.
“It is dark.” He whispered.
Whatever her answer would have been was cut off the moment he kissed her again. And this time, she could not have stopped it. She did not want to stop it. Every sense in her body was alive and it responded to Sorata’s gentleness. He kissed her all over. It was just like her dream! She gasped, and he almost missed it, the simple word which sent a thrill up his back, hidden within the tiny noise. “Sorata....” It was a struggle to hold back as he nearly burst into tears at the amount of passion, fear, love, and yearning in that simple word. No one had made his name sound so beautiful as she did at that moment.
“Arashi.” He entered her, and her body writhed beneath him with a sensual grace. He did cry then, the tears slid down his face as memories assualted him. Memories of people he could not remember ever having met. The memories flashed before him, and he suddenly realize why he and the beautiful woman who moved beneath him were aloud to be together. It was their DESTINY, and nothing could or would ever change it.

She realized as well the signifigance of her love, and then she was lost in the wonderful feeling of the man above her, who took her to new places soaring among the heavens, and then gently floating down again, admist angel feathers and sakura petals that fell from the trees that sheltered the lovers from veiw.
A feeling of peace settled over Arashi then, and she felt her eyes weigh heavily upon her, and slowly closed her eyes as she felt Sorata wrap them in his robe and whisper “I love you” in her ear.
Dreams, they had found, were actually the Legends of long forgotten memories.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Arashi's sleepy, time to leave.
Want to go home?