Sleeping Maiden
Sleeping Maiden

Hokuto-chan


Chapter 1


Disclaimer: Standard Disclaimers apply. Lotsa OOC. Bwahaha. The first part of this may not run very smoothly.


Once upon a time in a kingdom far away there lived a King and a Queen. They had been childless for many years and wanted a child more then anything. Finally the Queen had a daughter and there was much rejoicing throughout the kingdom. To celebrate the birth of their new child, the King and Queen had a party and invited everyone around.

Oh, she's so cute!" Queen Karen said of her daughter as the baby slept in a cradle where everyone could see her.

"Of course," King Seiichirou smiled, then looked at the man standing by the throne. "Weren't the three fairies supposed to arrive by now?"

"They should be here shortly, Your Highness." Kusanagi replied, pulling a gold watch out of his pocket and looking at it.

As if on cue, the palace door opened and in came three figures. The first had long white hair and was traveling in a small bubble that floated several feet above the ground. The second had short, black hair and was accompied by a puppy who floated in the air next to her shoulder. As she walked toward the thrones, her path took a slight veering to the left toward Kusanagi. The third had long, wavy blond hair, and a white dress on. Out of all the fairies, she looked most the part.

The first fairy, Hinto, said to Karen and Seiichirou in her telepathic way.

"We are the three fairy sisters." continued Yuzuriha, as she stood to the side next to Kusanagi.

"And we have come to bless the new Princess with gifts." Kotori finished, swirling her wand around.

"That's wonderful!" Karen clapped her hands together.

"Thank you," King Seiichirou said, nodding.

Hinoto extended a hand from her bubble and waved her wand over the sleeping baby. < I grant her the gift of great beauty. Her looks will be such that any man would die for her.>

Yuzuriha reluctantly stepped away from Kusanagi and waved her Pocky shaped wand just as Hinoto had. "I grant her the power of strength, so that she may be able to draw a sword from her hand if she needs it. She'll also be able to thwart off any unwanted attenton."

Kotori lifted her own wand, but before she could say anything, the doors to the palace flew open and manaical laughter entered.

Kanoe walked in, attired in a low cut black dress that left nothing to the imagination, which quite a few men in the room were happy about. "You hold a celebration and don't invite me? You even invite my sister!" She sneered at Hinoto and stormed up to the cradle.

Karen raised an eyebrow. "I'm sorry we didn't invite you, but we thought you would be too busy." She leaned toward Seiichirou. "Too busy getting laid," she whispered.

"I heard that!" Kanoe reached into her dress and pulled out a wand covered with chains. "And for that, I am bestowing a curse on your child." She pointed the wand at the child. "When you turn 17, you will prick your finger on a spindle and die!" With that said, she disapeared.

"Dammit." Karen said, then looked at the three fairies hopefully. "Is there anyway to get rid of the curse?'

The three fairies looked at each other, then Yuzu spoke up. "No...there's no way to get remove the curse..."

Seiichirou winced. "How can that be? We can't let the Princess die..."

Hinoto said.

"But would there be any way to awaken her?" Seiichirou frowned.

Kotori answered this question, "Only by the kiss of true love."

Everyone stared at her and she flushed. "Well, it worked for Beauty."

"Right." Karen said.

Kotori nodded and waved her birdshaped wand over the Princess. "When you turn 17, you will prick your finger, but you will not die...instead you fall into a deep sleep until you recieve a kiss from your one true love."

When the spell was cast, all the room was silent, then Kusanagi spoke up. "Your Higness...what would Kanoe do if she hears we altered her curse?"

Seiichirou and Karen looked at each other then, with a pained look on her face, Karen turned toward thr three fairies. "Is there anyway you might be able to take her in for a few years? When Kanoe hears about this, she will certainly look for her. Your cottage in the woods is well protected by the inugami. Much more then this castle."

The three fairies nodded. "We'd be glad to take the Princess." Kotori said.

"Things are settled then," Seiichirou said.

Yuzuriha reached into the crib and held the Princess. For some odd reason, probably for plot, the baby still did not wake up, Yuzu gave Kusanagi a wave, and then all three fairies waved to the King and Queen before vanishing in a swirl of sakura petals.

"Hey!" A random servant said, pulling off his sunglasses. "That's my gig!"

Karen and Seiichirou ignored him and looked at each other. "Now we have to burn all the spinning wheels and spindles in the kingdom." Seiichirou pointed out. "Kotori may have changed the curse, but we can't be too careful."

Karen nodded and her eyes glittered. She held up a finger, which gave off a burst of flame. "Allow me, darling."

~

So, for the next 16 years, the King and Queen(mainly the Queen) spent much of their time burning every spindle in the kingdom.

As for the Princess...

~

"Arashi!" Yuzuriha called from an open window of a small cottage. Oddly enough, she hadn't aged a bit.

The girl she was calling for came around into view, her straight black hair pulled back into a braid. "Yes, Yuzuriha-san?"

"Dinner's ready!" Yuzu grinned and closed the window and Arashi walked into her home of 16 years. She had been told by her foster sisters that they had found her abandoned and had taken her in. She really was grateful, but sometimes, she thought, they were just so...weird...

"Is it ice cream again?" Arashi asked Kotori.

Kotori rolled her eyes. "Of course. It was Yuzu's turn to cook. She spends so much time with Kusanagi every time she's in the city that she doesn't have time to buy anything but ice cream."

Yuzuriha blushed as she set out the bowls and spons and said defensiviely. "We wouldnt' have so much ice cream if someone could tear herself away from her new boyfriend. What was his name again?" She asked.

"Nothing." Kotori said, smiling sweetly.

//Ice cream? Again?// Hinoto floated in the door in her bubble.

"Yes, Hinoto-san." Arashi said handing the fairie a bowl of ice cream and a spoon through the bubble.

"I got a different flavour this time, at least." Yuzu pointed out.

//Ooh, cookies and cream.// Hinoto began to eat.

The other three girls sat down at the table and the rest of dinner was silent. Until...


Chapter 2

Arashi's sleepy, time to leave.
Want to go home?