I Try to Remember
I Try to Remember

Linda Goodnight


Disclaimer: The song is ‘Your House’ by Jonatha Brooke. CLAMP owns these characters….^_^


I try to remember your hand on my cheek. Or your smile early in the morning. Maybe I will recall your laugh. Maybe.
Take me down to your house
Show me where you live
Room by room, all the things you cherish

I felt your hand on mine, the warmth of your grin causing my heart to race. Despite myself….in spite of myself. How did you get to me? How did you reach that place inside of me that I thought was dead?
Tell me where you’re going
Show me where you’ve been
Year by year, all the things that you wished

I was ready for the end of this world. I was ready to battle and protect. I was taught the art of responsibility, of duty. I met my calling head on. No reservations. No regrets.
And I’ll give my love, give my love
Angel, I am here and I am…yours

Then I met you. So sure of yourself, so open and…alive. Every sentence was ended in a joke, every serious comment followed by a smirk or grin.
Even when you said that you would die for me, you laughed and smiled.
I didn’t understand you…why choose me? Why?
Whisper me your secrets
I won’t tell a soul
One by one, I’ll treasure every story

Before I could realize it, before I could say it….I loved you. I wanted to be held in those arms, to feel your lips on mine, to destroy this wall around me and let you in. You think I didn’t see you? I saw….
This is where our love goes
Circling back again
This is heaven’s gift to us to tell it

One night, I looked into your eyes and saw the longing there. But I couldn’t breakdown. You walked away from me. You didn’t get to see…I didn’t even know I was crying until I felt the wet trail of the tears on my face. And they have never stopped falling from my eyes.
And I’ll give my love, give my love
Angel, I am here and I am…yours
I’ll walk the way in,

I love you…
You’ll walk the way out,
Can you hear me?
Path across our hearts, eyes wide open
I need you….
Room by room, year by year
One by one, say goodnight….
Love….
Love……

Come back to me….I’m sorry I waited so long. But I am here now, waiting…and you can take your time if you want…I’ll wait forever.


Arashi's sleepy, time to leave.
Want to go home?