- "TINA: (morosely): Oh, darling, darling, darling. I'm not much good to you am I?
- RICK: Don't say that. Don't ever say that, you hear me?
- TINA: It's true, though. I'm a jinx. I'm a horrible jinx. If it hadn't been for me, Scott Kincaid would have assigned you to the Buenos Aires office years ago. I spoiled all that. (Goes over to the window) I'm one of the little foxes that spoil the grapes. I feel like someone in a terribly sophisticated play. The funny part is, I'm not sophisticated. I'm not anything. I'm just me. (Turns) Oh, Rick, Rick, I'm scared. What's happened to us? I can't seem to find us anymore. I reach out and reach out and we're just not there. I'm frightened. I'm a frightened child. (Looks out window) I hate this rain. Sometimes I see me dead in it.
- RICK (quietly): My darling, isn't that a line from "A Farewell to Arms"?
- TINA (Turns, furious): Get out of here. Get out! Get out of here before I jump out of this window. Do you hear me?
- RICK (grabbing her): Now you listen to me. You beautiful little moron. You adorable, childish, self-dramatizing--"
- FRANNY AND ZOOEY by J.D. Salinger
All original material © 1999 Soccer Riot Magazine.