Also, look out for the latest issue of InStyle magazine - Catherine is on the cover!
26 March 2000.
Don't Marry Michael, Marry Me! Contest
Does this describe your feelings? ;)
Now, however, everything is falling apart. The very fabric of space and time is unraveling while we watch. What am I talking about? Catherine is about to marry Michael Douglas! Noooooo!
If news of Catherine's impending nuptuals shattered your world, then the people at IGN for Men have the perfect contest for you. In a letter of 100 words or less, tell Catherine why she should marry you instead of Michael Douglas, and win yourself a whole basket of Catherine's movies!
Check it out the details at IGN for Men, and take a look at their ode to Catherine here.
26 Jan 2000. Thanks to Rob for the tip!
Double Happiness - Catherine Pregnant!
Catherine is now 3 months pregnant! Michael Douglas announced this on his Official Website shortly after rumours appeared in the British tabloids.
First, I am happy to announce that Catherine Zeta-Jones and I are expecting a child later this year. As you may already know, we became engaged on New Year's Eve. I met Catherine at the Deauville Film Festival in August of 1998, and we have been dating since March of 1999. We plan to marry sometime this year, however, no date has been set.
The happy couple are thrilled by the unexpected news, coming on the heels of their engagement earlier this year. Again, I wish them all the best in their new life together!
30 Jan 2000.
Wedding Bells for Catherine!
For some time now, Catherine's relationship with actor Michael Douglas has been the subject of much public scrutiny and speculation. For the most part, I have stayed away from commenting on her private life, knowing that Catherine once suffered greatly under such rumours ( you can read about it here. )
However, I could not help but reprint the following words, taken from Douglas's Official Website.
I am very happy to announce that I am engaged to Catherine Zeta Jones. I proposed to Catherine on New Year's Eve, at my house in Aspen. I met Catherine at the Deauville Film Festival in August of 1998, and we have been dating since March of 1999. We plan to marry sometime this year, however, no date has been set. Check my web site in the future and you'll be among the first to know.
Now that Douglas has finally ( and personally ) announced that he and Catherine will be wed later this year, I would like to be one of the first to congratulate the happy couple, and wish them all the best in their future together!
For more on news on this, try out the following links :
9 Jan 2000.
- Mr ShowBiz
More Pics! Tidbits and Movie News! Singapore FHM!
Just an update or two on Catherine's career.
26 Jan 2000.
- Rearranged and Added to the Misc : Good catagory!
- Not content with movie-stardom, Catherine will be setting up her own production company with her two brothers. Her company, Zeta Films, plans to produce between two and six movies annually, with budgets ranging from $5 million to $50 million, reports Variety. The projects will be financed by Initial Entertainment Group (IEG), an independent production and distribution company based in Beverly Hills.
- Catherine has also dropped out of Oliver Stone's love story Beyond Borders, in which she was to have starred with Kevin Costner. The likely reason is that the overseas shoots would have left her little time to prepare for her 25th Sept wedding.
- Well, if you happen to be in Singapore, please get a copy of the January issue of FHM Singapore. It comes with a calender of beautiful women - and Catherine is the March pin-up! Photo comes from the same photoshoot featured in their August 99 issue.
Tidbits and Movie News!
Well, since things are moving a little slowly here at CZJ:tG, I'd thought I'd just post a few tidbits.
Upcoming Movie Projects
26 Oct 1999.
- Well, a movie on UN Relief Efforts might sound a tad boring, even if it were an Oliver Stone film. But now that Catherine has signed on to play the female lead as a British relief worker, opposite Kevin Costner's American doctor... look for sparks to fly! ;)
- Catherine will be the female lead in
the romantic sci-fi thriller The Tenth Victim, a remake of the 1965 Italian film, "La Decima
Vittima" that will be directed by Lee Tamahori. The story will be based around a future utopia where man's need for violence is
focused on organized killing games. Catherine and another rival male contestant
will play love interests as they rebel against the system.
- Catherine will also have a cameo role in High Fidelity, a comedy by Stephen Frears' based on a novel by Nick Hornsby. The movie will star John Cusack as a record store owner wants to get back together with his latest ex-girlfriend, despite the
various diversions he tries to engage himself in.
Blast from the Past
For those of you who only discovered Catherine after her appearance in The Mask of Zorro or Entrapment, then it is time to complete your education!
And the place to do it is the JSR Pages - Catherine has her own section there, featuring .avi clips of her earlier work, such as The Darling Buds of May and The Cinder Path.
The clips are big, but the quality is excellent, and well worth the download times! So check it out... and tell them who sent you, yes? ;)
1 Nov 1999.
Shop - And do it for Charity!
The more perceptive amongst you would have noticed that the pop-up window from Tripod has vanished. This is all due to the kind sponsorship of Shop4Charities.com.
This excellent site allows you to purchase stuff on-line, just like the many e-malls out on the Internet - except that with every purchase, a small amount of the puchase price will go to a charitable organisation! And the amazing thing is that it is at no extra cost to you - the prices of the stuff here are as competitive as any other on-line shop! So take a look at his site, and maybe you'll be able to help someone out today!
6 Oct 1999.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY CATHERINE!
Well, if you didn't know already, Catherine celebrated her 30th Birthday on 25 Sept 1999! Congratulations to the birthday girl, and many happy returns!
Updated 25 Sept 1999.
For even earlier News...