January 1973 - As 1973
began, Julie Andrews and husband Blake Edwards along with their children were returning from Gstaad. Julie had a few days
to relax and get ready for the next months of shows. At the studio, the creative team were working on scripts, costumes
Already, everyone knew that the ratings were not what they had hoped for. It had been decided
that the show would be moved to Saturdays at 8:00 pm when more people were likely to watch it. Now, the push was on.
Below you will find a list of blogs for 1973, continued from
the 1972 Closed Sets page. Just click to visit the blogspot site!
46. A Week in the Life of The Julie Andrews Hour
47. Art Director of the Show - Brian Bartholomew
48. Episdoe 15 - "Two on the Aisle" with Keith Michell
49. January 1973 - In-Between Shows
50. January 12 - In the Studio with Julie
51. January 12 - Put Out
52. January 12 - Back in Studio E Again
53. January 12 - A Southern Scene with Julie, Eydie Gorme and Jim Nabors
54. January 12 - Intermission - Rich Little
55. January 12 - Julie's Special Guest - MARIA VON TRAPP!
56. January 13th - 18th - Life
57. Episode 16 - A Special Show with Maria von Trapp, Eydie Gorme and Jim Nabors
59. January 26 - 1 - Stories of Robert Goulet and Peggy Lee
60. January 26 - 2 - In the Studio with Angela Lansbury and Steve Lawrence
61. January 26 - 3 - Angela Lansbury and Steve Lawrence
62. Episode 17 - Guests Peggy Lee and Robert Goulet
63. My Life and Julie's Explanation
64. Episode 18 - Sid Caesar and John Davidson
65. In Memory of Dancer, Actor, Set Designer Garrett Lewis
66. February - My Decision
67. February 9 #1 - Back in the Studio with Julie
68. February 9 #2 - Julie, Emma Kate and Muppet Thog
69. February 9 #3 - Final Studio Visit
70. Episode 19 - With Guests Angela Lansbury, Steve Lawrence and Rich Little
71. Episode 20 with Sandy Duncan, Sergio Franchi and Jim Henson with Muppets Thog & Rowlf
72. Fame Makes for Strange Companions
73. Daffodils for Julie
74. Interview with Music Arranger - Ian Fraser
75. Episode 21 - Julie with Guest Sammy Davis Jr.
76. Missing Julie
77. Last Day at ABC
78. 1973 THE SOUND OF MUSIC REUNION
79. Episode 22 with Guests Carol Lawrence and Steve Lawrence
81. Episode 23 with Guests Donald O'Connor and Harve Presnell
82. Nelson Riddle - Musical Director
83. Cubby O'Brien - Drummer
84. The Last Week of the Show - March 1973
85. Episode 24 - Finale with Henry Mancini
This marks the last show, however there is more to this story. Another page will be added soon.
share this site and be sure to write and ask for The Julie Andrews Hour to be released on DVD! Thank you.