About Kiko the Mime
What Critics Said...
What is Mime?
Other Deaf Mimes
Other Famous Mimes
Who's Who in the World of Mime
Links to Other Mime Pages
Other Well-known Mime Artists
- John Weaver, the father of English mime (1673-1760)
Joseph Grimaldi, English clown and pantomimst (1778-1837)
- Jean-Gaspard Deburau, French pantomimist who transformed the
character of Pierrot in the traditional harlequinade (1796-1846)
- Čtienne Decroux, the father of modern mime
- Jean Louis Barrault, a pupil of Decroux who used abstract mime
Marcel Marceau, a Decroux's pupil also; the most famous mime
Universally acclaimed as the World's Greatest Mime
- Jewel Walker, one of America's best stage mimes
- Desmond Jones, famed British mime; runs the Desmond Jones
School of Mime
Ecole Jacques Lecoq, famed mime teacher for use of masks
Tony Montanaro, established the Celebration Barn Theatre; authored Mime Spoken Here
- Adam Darius, internationally acclaimed for his organic
Robert Shields, popularized mime in America in the 1980's
with the TV show, Shields and Yarnell
Samuel Avital, founded Le Centre Du Silence Mime School; an international mime performer
- Mummenschanz, the mask and mime troup from Northern Europe
- Gregg Goldston, most sought after teacher of mime, in Ohio
- Richmond Shepard, taught mime in CA and now is a movie critic in NY.
- Claude Kipnis, great stage mime and wrote "The Mime Book".
Geoff Hoyle, a physical comedian
Do you have any input? Corrections, criticisms, remarks, suggestions,
or snowballs (mimed or otherwise) are welcome. To send these, click this link: