<< >>English /Russian
Deutsch/English << >>English
- LIKE to the falling of a star,
- Or as the flights of eagles are,
- Or like the fresh spring's gaudy hue,
- Or silver drops of morning dew,
- Or like a wind that chafes the flood,
- Or bubbles which on water stood:
- Even such is man, whose borrowed light
- Is straight called in, and paid to night.
- The wind blows out, the bubble dies;
- The spring entombed in autumn lies;
- The dew dries up, the star is shot;
- The flight is past, and man forgot.
© 2000 Elena and Yacov Feldman