US National Emergency Management Related Associations
This list is under construction. Date of last update is 5 April 2000.
US National Association Links
- Disaster Preparedness and Emergency Response Association, International
- (B+) includes a purpose statement for DERA and general information about the Association, with links to request a newsletter or join the organization
- The American Civil Defense Association
- (B+) association Internet site with information on membership, an archive of recent editions of the Journal of Civil Defense, and links to a variety of disaster survival sites
- American Academy of Veterinary Disaster Medicine
- (B+) organizational site with history of the Academy, by-laws and articles of incorporation, officer list, minutes of meetings, newsletter archive, and list of on-going activities
- State and Local Emergency Management Data Users Group
- (B+) organization purpose statement, organizational by-laws, newsletter archive from 1998, current board of directors and contact information, current membership list
- American Society of Professional Emergency Planners
- (B+) professional membership criteria, statement of purpose, current newsletter, information on the ASPEP JOURNAL and current call for papers
- National Emergency Management Association
- (A) mission statement, job listings, serarchable Hazard Mitigation Grant Program database, extensive library of emergency management national policy level related documents - broad searches work best
- Emergency Information Infrastructure Partnership
- (A+) hosts weekly on-line presentations, links to extensive catalog of technology applications, extensive archive of documents and on-line presentations, monthly newsletter, information on partnership
- Emergency Management Assistance Compact
- (A-) summary of what the Emergency Management Assistance Compact is, copy of model legislation, map of signatory states - much of site is password protected or links are not available
- return to BENCHMARK front page
Links on this page are checked at least quarterly. However, I have found that many links change frequently. If you locate an address for an organization that does not have one, or if you find an error, please e-mail the contact address below.
This page has been visited times.