This story features the x-men, which are trademarks of Marvel. All other characters belong to me. This is an unauthorised work and no profit is being made on this work. This work is copyright of me. Please ask for permission before archiving.

Childs play part 7

written by Soar
email Soar38@hotmail.com

Remy slowly pushed through the heavy layers of unconsciousness, towards the light that called him. His eyes flickered briefly and opened.

The first thing he saw a plain, white, sterile looking ceiling above him. He could hear regular beeping sounds and turned to see where they were coming from. What he saw was a vast array of machines, and next to them all, fast asleep, was Ororo. He smiled. Someone had covered her over with a blanket and she looked so restful.

He became aware of a pain in his side and noticed that he was hooked up to those monitors. He stiffened in shock as the memory of the attack swept over him. He had obviously been taken by the intruder, yet Ororo was still with him and she appeared to be relaxed. He considered this to be very strange. He sat up slowly and the room immediately began to swim. He breathed deeply and sat still until the room had stopped moving.

Then he began to take out all the wires and needles that were attached to him. His only desire was to get out of this place as fast as he could and find out what was going on. A sudden noise alerted him to a change in the monitors. Where before there had been jagged lines there was now one flat line. A commotion at the door had him whipping his head round to see who was approaching. His head began to swim again but settled down a lot more quickly than before.

He exclaimed in shock and surprise to see a big furry man thing leaping into the room. His jaw dropped and he just stared. Then he noticed a large black with a strange tattoo over his eye follow, and his heart began to pound in fear because this man had authority written all over him. Remy tried to get off the bed to escape.

"Remy, where are you going?" Ororo asked, the commotion had woken her.

"We gotta get out o' here chere, dis place full of monsters and cops."

Remy grabbed her hand and tried to pull her to her feet ignoring the pain in his side.

"But Remy they will not hurt us, this is Doctor Hank and Bishop."

"Hehn?" Remy exclaimed.

"Doctor Hank is the one that made you better after the Jean Lady found us."

Remy had stopped trying to escape and now watched warily as the two X-men stood in front of the door.

"Young Remy, will you please get back into your bed. Your body has suffered an extreme trauma and to excite it in any way could be delatarious to your health," Henry explained patiently to the wary eyed boy.

Remy turned to Storm in confusion, "What he say chere?"

Ororo looked just as confused, "I do not know. Doctor Hank talks like that all the time."

"He meant that you could be sick again if you don't get back into bed," the man Ororo had called Bishop said.

Remy looked mistrustfully at the pair of them, "I don' want to get back into de bed. I be fine now see. I t'ink dat we be going now non?" Remy pulled Ororo to her feet, "Come on chere we take up too much of dese peoples time now. Time to go."

He walked slowly to the door trying to see what the two men would do.

It was not them who stopped him in the end. The tall beautiful red headed lady came into the room. Remy recognised her as the one who had found he and Ororo.

"Now what's going on here young man?" she said looking down at Remy.

"It appears that Master Remy has decided to leave us already," Hank said smiling a toothy grin.

"Now why on earth would you want to do that Remy? Don't you know you're safer here. Until we figure out how to change you and Ororo back to normal. Besides Remy you've just suffered a major trauma and it's better for you to stay in your bed."

Remy watched the strange woman in bemusement, "How come ev'ryone know my name chere?"

Jean laughed, "You mean you don't remember?"

Remys eyes narrowed, "Remember what?"

Jean sighed, "That you're an x-man and you had a little errmm accident, but we're going to fix everything, somehow." Jean said, unsure of how much to reveal.

Remy was beginning to doubt the sanity of these people and he began to edge towards the door again. He gasped as a sudden pain shot through his side.

Jean had been patient long enough and now she picked Remy up effortlessly.

Remy began to panic, remembering the stabbing, "Non!" he cried, trying to free himself of the woman. He felt another sharp pain and a warm wet sensation.

"Jean, quickly, get him back to the bed, he's bleeding," Hank said, noticing the blood on Remys pyjamas.

Jean carried Remy swiftly over to the bed and gently laid Remy down restraining him when he sought to get up again.

Hank moved in quickly and inspected Remys wound, "Hmm not as bad as I'd feared," he pronounced, "he has merely torn at the stitches."

Hank gave Remy a sedative to stop his struggles so that he could work more efficiently on repairing the damage.

As Remy slowly quietened and then fell asleep Jean sat beside him. She stroked his hair and looked tenderly at him. In the whole time that she had known Remy this was point where he was most vulnerable. He looked so innocent as he slept and she almost wished that he could stay this way.

Jean looked up and saw Ororo watching helplessly.

"Don't worry she said. I'll take care of you both."

end of part 7

comments?

Index Page Part Eight