Fanfiction by Ruaki


||Main|| ||Persona|| ||Joining|| ||World|| ||Fan Stuff|| ||Links||

||Fan Art|| ||Fan Fiction|| ||Fan Music||

By Ruaki, HyugaCitan@aol.com
The Usual: Anime http://members.xoom.com/davias/


Babylon of the Sky

Cut Scene 1 (interlude, Chpt 1)
Ruaki


Notes/Disclaimers: Of course, these characters and anything thereof are copyright of Squaresoft and any other respective companies. I am not using them for profit or for any other sort of margin-I'm just a pathetic fan with a wont to ramble off on paper when I'm better off doing something else, so please don't try to get money from me or anything.

ALSO: This story has some religious content/controversy; if you're sensitive to such stuff, this is NOT for you!! Heck, why are you even interested in Xenogears?! Also, all my biblical quotes and references are from the "New International Version" and the "King James Version" of the Bible, so please don't e-mail me about "misquotes". ^^*

ALSO: In the Japanese version, Jugend was termed "Eugent." As such, that romanticization has been used instead of the translation taken for the English version. Although the story explains why, if you must know why I used "Eugent" right now, look up "Eugenics" in the dictionary.. (Thanks go to Queen Vera for pointing that out the "Eugent" thing though!! ::hugs::) ^_^


"Whom men fear they hate, and whom they hate, they wish dead."
~ Quintus Ennius

He sits there, hunched over, working on whatever advanced statistical math assignment the teacher has given us, light gleaming off spectacles, off a face that bespoke of lower beginnings than most of those here at Eugent.

My fingers tighten over my light pen, as if to snap it in half. In fact, I was imagining snapping his neck in half, the smug little upstart, the nerd that made no hesitation to rub his intelligence into my face, smiling.

Patience, Kahr, patience, whispers the voice of Reason. He hasn't learned his place yet; he doesn't know that he's overstepped his limits.

I snarl silently at the voice. I know that he knows fully well just what effect his little speech had. That little smile... crooked, knowing, cynical... oh yes, he knows damn well that he has crossed into dangerous territory.

I'll give anything to smash that irritating grin of his into nothingness.

Oh, but that opportunity will be today. Yes yes, today.... today will be the challenge, to see just exactly who is supreme, who is right! My eyes narrow as I watch him work, entertaining thoughts on how exactly I'll make him beg for forgiveness and mercy. And maybe, just maybe, if he does it well enough, I'll give it.

I've been here for nearly a year, and he thinks he can waltz in, flash that smile, and immediately be given honors??? Oh no no no, dear Hyuga Rikudeau... you'll have to get those honors from me... and I don't plan on handing them out easily, upstart.

Today.

I've seen your blade. I know you can use it.

A challenge.

To wipe that knowing smirk from your face.

That smile that I so utterly despise...

Because he knew the same truth as I did...

The truth that is mine and mine alone.

For knowing what I know, he must be suppressed.

Today.

A challenge.

You or I, Rikudeau......

Who will guard this truth?

I hate your smile.


[Previous] * []
Back to the Fanfiction Page

||Fan Art|| ||Fan Fiction|| ||Fan Music||

||Main|| ||Persona|| ||Joining|| ||World|| ||Fan Stuff|| ||Links||

Page design by Arcana. Last update was 01/15/99.
Send Comments and Feedback