This site is dedicated to the many residents of Knik, past, present and future.
"Show me your cemeteries, and I'll tell you what kind of people you have."
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has."
2006 Knik 200
1. Jeff King 09:57:13; 21h 12m 13s
2. Lance Mackey 10:17:44; 21h 31m 44s
3. Ryan Redington 10:30:18; 21h 44m 18s
4. Brian Bearss 10:34:35; 21h 48m 35s
5. Rick Townsend 10:42:55; 21h 56m 55s
6. Cim Smyth 11:04:00; 22h 18m 00s
7. Ray Redington Jr. 11:23:12; 22h 37m 12s
8. Paul Gebhardt 11:31:41; 22h 45m 41s
9. Lisa Frederick 11:45:25; 22h 58m 25s
10. Micah Dagerlund 11:57:38; 23h 11m 38s
11. Dean Rasiar II 12:23:33; 23h 37m 33s
12. Sebastian Schnuelle 12:25:16; 23h 39m 16s
13. Mark Uhinck 12:30:39; 23h 44m 39s
14. Melanie Gould 12:39:31; 23h 53m 31s
15. Dean Osmar 12:53:42; 24h 07m 42s
16. John Schandelmier 12:58:00; 24h 12m 00s
17. Lori Townsend 13:00:27; 24h 14m 27s
18. Spencer Mayer 13:54:04; 25h 08m 04s
19. Jason Mackey 13:59:09; 25h 13m 09s
20. Dan Huttunen 14:16:11; 25h 30m 11s
21. Gene Smith 14:23:43; 25h 37m 43s
22. Karen Ramstead 14:23:48; 25h 37m 48s
23. Thomas Knolmeyer 14:43:25; 25h 43m 25s
24. Adam Beebe 15:18:50; 26h 32m 50s
25. Peter Cohrs 15:23:11; 26h 37m 11s
26. Kelley Griffin 15:34:10; 26h 48m 10s
27. Andy Mosen 16:04:41; 27h 18m 41s
28. Jeff Davis 16:07:08; 27h 21m 08s
29. Gabrielle Dunham 17:42:00; 28h 46m 00s
30. Kim Kitteredge 17:42:01; 28h 46m 01s
31. Michele Prevost 17:51:51; 29h 05m 51s
32. Rick Cochran 18:31:00; 29h 45m 00s
33. Sue Allen 18:33:00; 29h 47m 00s
34. Randy Cummins 18:55:00; 30h 09m 00s
35. Richard Hum 19:36:00; 30h 50m 00s
36. Eric Rogers 19:53:00; 31h 07m 00s
37. Becca Moore 20:02:00; 31h 16m 00s
38. Christoph Harisberger 20:23:00; 31h 37m 00s
39. Nikolai Buser 20:24:00; 31h 38m 00s
40. Martin Buser 20:25:00; 31h 39m 00s
41. Ben Volks 20:32:00; 31h 46m 00s
42. Alan Peck 21:56:00; 33h 10m 00s
43. Linwood Fiedler 22:15:00; 33h 29m 00s
44. Dalton Fiedler 22:45:00; 33h 59m 00s
45. Christopher Bagett 22:50:00; 34h 05m 00s
46. Mark Ramstead 23:00:10; 34h 14m 10s
47. Rod Boyce 23:34:25; 34h 48m 25s
48. Katrina Pawlzczyk 00:07:00; 35h 21m 00s
49. Mike Suprenant 00:22:15; 35h 36m 15s
50. Tom Gastrich 02:10:32; 37h 24m 32s
51. Paul Charron
William Hanes SCRATCH
Lynda Plettner SCRATCH
Please help save Cannon Hill Cemetery!
Call Mayor Kellar 376.9055 mailto:email@example.com
Brenda Currier 376.2260mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Mayor Anderson 745.9682 mailto:Timothy.Anderson@matsugov.us
Your Legislator 376.3704http://w3.legis.state.ak.us/home.htm
Please continue to watch Cannon Hill for any construction! Thanks to all who have made reports of activity at the cemetery.Please continue to pray for Construction to stop!
Daily Times obituary, Census,Orville Herning Diary. Probate Record Family members are in Kansas Elmer Reedy, Alice Reedy his wife,Florence Crabb V.E.Crabb, Rob Taylor, Bessie Taylor, Mariam Reedy, Ernest Reedy and his daughter Florence Watters. Connie Reedy in Kansas.
William Moffat-1873-1923 per census and Orville Hernings diary, probate record-Family members are: John Moffat, Benjamin F. Moffat, Phoebe Moffat, Burton Moffat Alfred Moffat, his brothers and sisters in Stillwater Minnesota. Washingto Countyhttp://www.glorecords.blm.gov/ConvertedImages/757020_1_SmallGIF.GIF
Frank Dougherty -
1869-1932 per his great great great niece and US Commisioner Howard Wilmouth. Family members in Wisconsin and Minnesota
Tom-Anc-438 cihsp-138 DOT,and OHA records Alaska Heritage Resourse Survey.
Mr.Walters-1930 per Erling Nelson from Charles Tryck. Al?Diary
Baby-per May Carter, Frank Smith name?
Native family of 3 per Chief Paul Theodore
"Those who do not look upon themselves as links connecting the past with the future do not perform their duty to the world."
NAGPRA- Protecting Native Graves-"This treatment of Native American remains as scientific specimens deprives native people of the basic right to properly bury or care for these ancestors," said a spokesman for the Umatilla Tribes. "By enacting NAGPRA, Congress intended that Native American ancestral human remains be treated the same as non-Indian remains, with respect."
January 13, 1919 Land Department sent surveyors up to locate cemetery site. Did nothing, said ground too frozen and couldn't drive stakes.
January 14, 1919 Surveyors located cemetery on Cannon's homestead, near town.
March 28, 1919 Crowd cleared lot on Cannon's for graveyard.
Thankyou Coleen Mielke for gleaning this information from the Diary for us.
George Palmer and Friends
Alaska State Library Historical Collection
Mat-su Area Cemeteries:
Nomad Art Studio
Cherime's Custom Artcraft
NOTE: In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107, any copyrighted
material posted on Knik.org is distributed without profit or payment to those who have
expressed a prior interest in receiving this information for non-profit
research and educational purposes only. For more information go to: