The Birthmarks and Hemangiomas InterNETwork Support pages offer support, resources, and information on medical treatment of birthmarks and hemangiomas. This information is mostly directed toward the care of children with these. My web pages will be continuely updated in order to give you the latest information available. I hope these pages are helpful and answer any questions you may have. Click on the following links for more information on the topic listed. Some of the items listed may not have links yet. I'm still working on them. If there is a topic you would like to respond to please email me the information.I'm not a medical doctor just a parent trying to refer information to other parents. Please consult a professional who specializes in the care of hemangiomas or vascular malformations for the best treatment available. If you need to locate a doctor, please email me, Karla Hall or Linda Shannon (emails are listed below).
A email forum exists for discussions, John Battles from the Vascular Anomalies Information Page has set this up. This is a wonderful way to keep in touch with each other and discuss issues we face from day to day. To be added to the forum send a message to email@example.com in the subject box write subscribe and for posting a message to the forum just write for posting in the subject box.
Friday July 21 through Sunday July 23, 1st International Port Wine Stain Conference. Location: Charleston, SC This conference is to bring families together that are affected by these along with the physicians who treat them to discuss treatment.Please contact Linda Shannon at Info@birthmark.org
Jasmine and I are in Woman's World Magazine this week. Look for the article in the July 11 issue.THe article tells of our experience dealing with her hemangioma.
If you are looking for medical information that you have not found on any of my web pages, or have questions that you would like answered please contact Linda Shannon at Info@birthmark.org,Founder and Executive Director of The Vascular Birthmarks Foundation. She is a medical researcher and the person I seek information from. Karla Hall, email at firstname.lastname@example.org, publisher of the Hemangioma Newsline also is a great person to ask questions. She has alot of information on this subject also. She is the person to contact about the newsline if you want to subscribe. Both of these women have lists of doctors for referrals.
IF you are looking for information on Hemangioma Hope (a support group) please email Cindy Dougan at CDouganHH@aol.com, she publishes it and can get you on the list. I hope this information helps. These are the people I look to for answers to your questions. Make sure you give them a full description of your situation in order to help you better.
DISCLAIMER:INFORMATION ON THIS SITE IS INTENDED TO BE PROVIDED AS A RESOURCE ONLY. BIRTHMARKS AND HEMANGIOMAS INTERNETWORK SUPPORT DOES NOT ENGAGE IN THE PRACTICE OF MEDICINE AND DOES NOT CLAIM TO HAVE ANY MEDICAL KNOWLEDGE. WE DO NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE AND RECOMMEND THAT YOU SEEK THE OPINION OF A PHYSICIAN EXPERIENCED IN THE DIAGNOSIS AND TREATMENT OF HEMANGIOMA AND VASCULAR MALFORMATIONS.
- A touching story of a little girl with a hemangioma This is a wonderful picture book to read to your child with a hemangioma. Books can be ordered by sending $9.99 plus $3.95 Shipping and handling to Dana Guerra, P.O. Box 489, Springtown, PA 18081. We are happy to write a special message with your name if you let us know.
- A wonderful book about personal life experiences growing up with a large hemangioma. If someone is
interested, they can order the book through the Paul A. and Linda S.
Spangler Foundation, P.O.Box 320847 Los Gatos, CA 95032. The book costs
$20, which includes tax, shipping and handling. The check can be made out
to the PALS Foundation (or Paul A. and Linda S. Spangler Foundation). If
people want, they can include a note about how they heard about the book
and their interest in it.
- Hemangioma Hope has their own web site. Web site has a forum to post messages,ask questions, or write comments, plus many more things to come.
- Linda Shannon has a book available on Hemangiomas
- BHIS Support Group List. We have over a 100 members. Thanks to everyone who has joined.
- Form to join BHIS Support Group
- A list of other support groups to join and references
- Frequently asked questions and answers on hemangiomas provided by Hemangioma Newsline.
- Informative Links on treating birthmarks. Contains many wonderful and educational sites.
- Diaper Area Hemangiomas, A unique set of concerns, By Karla Hall.
- Hemangioma Hope Newsletter - Support group- Hemangioma and Vascular Malformation Birthmark Center Open - Volunteer Pilots Assoc.
- The Vascular Birthmarks Foundation (VBF)Their own webpage.
- Hemangioma Newsline,they have their own website now.
- My daughter's webpage, All about the treatment she has been through.
- A chat room is available for us to use. If anyone has interest in chatting about treatment or questions please email me and I can set up a scheduled chat.
- Hemangioma Newsline Their first newsletter and how to subscribe to more issues It is a very informative newsletter for anyone dealing with vascular birthmarks.You can email Karla at email@example.com with any questions.
- Free Transportation Available If your child needs to see a specialist or needs surgery, here are some airlines that offer free flights for medical treatment.
- Another Book available on Hemangiomas and Vascular Malformations of the head and neck.
||We have had to make some serious decisions on my daughter's hemangioma. I was not aware of any support networks or of any information on treatment besides what the doctor recommended. We went with what the doctor suggested a partial removal which would leave a scar. Now that we have switched to a new doctor and I have learned so much about the treatment of hemangiomas, we probably would have done things differently. I hope these pages help people from making a decision they may question later.The least I can do is educate you on what is available for treatment and offer you support.
|Even if you are just browsing please sign the guestbook. Thank you.
Sign My Guestbook
View My Guestbook
|| copyright© 1997 Birthmarks and Hemangiomas InterNETwork Support
Created 4-11-97 For more information contact Webdesigner at firstname.lastname@example.org