Can you help?
For many years now I have been collecting items related to the American military, ranging from World War One right up to Operation Iraqi Freedom. Using my collection, I have taken part in living history demonstrations and put together displays for museums, air shows, veteran reunions, and schools. Some of the events in the past couple of years that I set up displays for include:
- 2002 325th Glider Infantry Association Reunion. Bloomington, Minnesota
- 2002 6th Naval Beach Battalion Reunion. Atlanta, Georgia
- Memorial for Charles Deglopper, 82nd Airborne Medal of Honor Recipient in Normandy. Grand Island, New York.
- Michigan Chapter 101st Airborne Association Reunions. Hell, MI. Frankenmuth, MI. Kalamazoo, MI.
- Army Aviation Heritage Foundation display and air assault demonstration, Mansfield, Ohio.
- Memorial Day exhibit, Kalamazoo Valley Museum, Kalamazoo, Michigan.
- Veterans Day exhibit, Portage Library, Portage, Michigan.
- Veteran's Day Tribute, Michigan Historical Center, honoring Joseph Beyrle Sr., 506th PIR, WWII.
When not traveling, my collection is on display in my small museum here at my home in Michigan, as you can see in the pictures below. My latest goal is to put together a display of uniforms worn by the 101st, from WWII right up to Iraqi Freedom.
How can you help? I am always looking for items or materials to add to the collection and reference library, and if you have any item or reference material lying around that you would like to find a home for, especially from the time period of Vietnam through Desert Storm, you can reach me at my e-mail
address. Any and all contributions are welcome and greatly appreciated. I don't mean to come off as soundling like a greedy collector, but every day pieces of our history are thrown away, and I will gladly risk sounding like an opportunist in order to help save some of our history. All the pieces in my museum will be lovingly taken care of, for as long as its my turn to be its caretaker.
If you have an event and would like to have a display set up, please contact me through the above email link. I'm located in southwest lower Michigan, but I've traveled as far as Buffalo, Atlanta, and Minneapolis to set up my displays. And if you're ever in the area, just drop me a line and you're more than welcome to stop by and see the collection!
Amateur historian, collector and webmaster Dave Bronson, wearing Vietnam War 101st uniform,
in front of an Indiana Air National Guard UH-1 Huey, Valparaiso, IN Airshow, 2003.
Display of Vietnam era items
Display of mostly World War Two items
One of my mannequins with a Desert Storm era uniform. Eventually I will have a complete
set of 101st uniforms, from WWII right up through Iraqi Freedom.
Early period Vietnam uniform and rucksack