Australian Information Kiosk
Back to the current Information Kiosk page
The X-Files Australian Conne-X-ion Index Page
Added Saturday, January 29, 2000
Not much happening. For X-Files merchandise completists (in Sydney), I spotted a copy of a Dr Katz Professional Therapist video the other day (Vol 1) which included the David Duchovny episode. It was reduced to $9.95 in one of those Clearance CD/video stores in Pitt Street. I also heard that David Duchovny now won't be appearing on The Tonight Show until March 23. Refer below.
Added Wednesday, January 26, 2000
Australia Day: Next Update
Happy Australia Day to all you fellow Aussies!
You know the routine by now; I'll be working away from home the rest of the week so the next update won't be until Saturday, January 29. After that the next update won't be until the following Saturday, February 5.
The Tonight Show
For those with Pay TV, David Duchovny will be appearing on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno on Monday January 31. The episode should screen the following day in Australia. Thanks Cath on ausxfnews.
Channel Ten X-Files Site
Michael says the
Ten website has been updated with a new main picture.
Happy birthday to Mimi Rogers (Diana Fowley) who turns 44 tomorrow. Not everyone hates you Mimi!
Added Monday, January 24, 2000
Not much to report this week. Yesterday's Sun-Herald Television liftout magazine had a very brief review of the Biogenesis video with a photo of Mulder and Scully. Next week's TV Week (cover date 31/01/00) will have a feature article on Gillian Anderson titled X-Files Is Finished.
Added Sunday, January 23, 2000
Rumours (not Spoilers)
Ahh, rumours ... where would the web mailing lists be without them? As everyone knows, the Gillian Anderson for Clarice rumours turned out to be just that; there's still speculation about an eighth season of The X-Files (although the CNN report mentioned below is false) and the latest rumour doing the rounds is that Chris Carter will develop a Lone Gunmen spinoff show with X-Files producers Frank Spotnitz, Vince Gilligan and John Shiban. Who knows?
Added Saturday, January 22, 2000
This week's Woman's Day (cover date 24/1/00) has a two page story on Tea Leoni with some quotes from David Duchovny. Thanks Mum!
This week's New Idea has some photos of David Duchovny and baby Madelaine. Thanks Catriona.
Medellia says that (for people in Sydney) the UK David Duchovny & Gillian Anderson 2000 calendars from "Oliver Books" can be purchased at a shop called "Just Entertainment" in the Dymocks Arcade, George St, first floor. They are selling them for $10 each. The shop also sells other merchandise for TV shows and bands (books, magazines, calendars) but there's not much in the way of XF stuff, except Topps trading cards and some books.
The X-Files Movie
For Pay TV subscribers, The X Files Movie premiers on 5th February at 8:30pm on Showtime. Thanks Adam. Jacqui also informs me that the February edition of the Austar PayTV Magazine has Fight The Future on the front cover with Gillian Anderson and David Duchovny.
From Medellia and Michael: Target is selling The X-Files videos for just $14.95 - apparently it's a permanent price from now on so it's a good chance of filling any gaps in your collection.
Added Tuesday, January 18, 2000
This week's issue of Who Weekly has a one page story on the rumours surrounding The Silence of the Lambs sequel, including a photo of Gillian Anderson as Scully and mentioning the Entertainment Weekly poll below. While on the subject, the latest issue of US magazine Entertainment Weekly (which I haven't seen in my local newsagency too often before) is out in Australia at the ludicrous price of $10.50 - in the US it costs $3.95 which is about $A6. It's issue #510 and features the top 100 entetainers of the last 50 years. The X-Files comes in at #76 and there's a nice photo of Chris Carter, Gillian Anderson and David Duchovny and a half-page story.
On February 4 there is going to be a special on Fox8 called The X Files Mythology which is an X-Files marathon from 7.30pm to midnight.Thanks Adam.
Mitch Pileggi Chat Transcript
For those interested, the transcript of the Mitch Pileggi chat yesterday can be read at: http://www.community.news.com.au/logs/done/000117_pileggi.htm. Read at your own risk - I haven't read it but have been told there are spoilers.
The next update won't be until Saturday as I'll be working away from home for the next three days.
Added Sunday, January 16, 2000
Today's Sun-Herald has a story on the Gillian Anderson rumours regarding the Silence Of The Lambs sequel and Star Wars II. The Sunday Telegraph's TV Guide has Mitch Pileggi on the cover and a story inside plus details of the contest mentioned below.
Added Saturday, January 15, 2000
I've updated the Links page.
Added Friday, January 14, 2000
Mitch Pileggi chat, another contest, DVD and more
- There will be a Mitch Pileggi chat at 1pm EDT on January 17 at: http://www.community.news.com.au. Thanks Kim
- Also From http://www.community.news.com.au
WIN AN X-FILES PRIZE PACK
On January 12th 2000 the story that unlocks the secrets behind THE X-FILES mythology unfolds when Fox Home Entertainment releases BIOGENESIS, the latest video instalment of the ongoing X-Files saga. To celebrate we are giving you the chance to win a bumper X-Files prize
pack . To enter all you have to do is answer the question below. Entry is only open to Australian residents and is bound by terms and conditions (see below).
Each prize pack contains the "Mythology" video series (12 videos in total), "Biogenesis" (the new X-Files video release), X-Files "One Son" video, the Sony Playstation X-Files game, The X-Files Movie: Special Edition video and The X-Files Skin book.
Answer the following question:
What do you think is the Truth hidden in the X-Files?
Entries close 11.59pm Sunday 16th January 2000 and entrants may enter as many times as they like. Thanks again Kim
- The latest issue of Sain Unlimited magazine has a brief review of the Playing By Heart video with a small pic of Gillian Anderson.
- This week's New Idea has a small blurb on the David Duchovny movie Return To Me with some pictures as well. Thanks Angie. The movie was shown to American test audiences recently and rated very well.
- Last weekend's Sun-Herald had a brief piece on the Gillian Anderson/Clarice in the sequel to Silence Of The Lambs rumours. Thanks Michael.
- The X-Files Movie's release on DVD been pushed back to February 16 by Fox. Thanks Angie. The DVD will include:
- Interactive Menus Scene Access
- Multiple Language Subtitles
- Original Theatrical Trailor
- Audio commentary from Chris Carter and Rob Bowman
- Making of The X Files:Fight the Future
- I don't usually post rumours but ...... according to CNN, FOX plans to carry on with an eighth season of The X-Files with or without David Duchovny. It is also reported that FOX executives are doing everything they can (including increasing his salary by almost double) to entice him to stay. Gillian Anderson, of course, is contracted through the eighth season regardless.
OK, this rumour is false. A number of people have subsequently tried to verify this report, which first appeared on xf-news, and it turns out it is totally fake. There was no CNN story!
Added Thursday, January 13, 2000
Happy birthday to William B Davis, aka Cigarette Smoking Man or Cancer Man or CGB Spender or "you black-lunged-son-of-a-bitch", who turns 62 today.
Added Tuesday, January 11, 2000
This week's New Weekly and TV Week both have contests where you can win the Biogenesis video plus other prizes. In New Weekly you can also win a framed signed Mitch Pileggi portrait and all you have to do is phone 1900 122 340 and leave your name and number. The mag also has a review of Biogenesis, their "Best Buy" of the week. TV Week is offering two videos signed by Gillian Anderson, the Playstation X-Files Game and the Skin novel. You need to answer three questions and send in their entry form. Big W is also selling the video for just $19.73 for one week only, well below the RRP of $24.95.
Don't forget to watch the final episode of Millennium on channel 7 tonight.
Added Sunday, January 9, 2000
Biogenesis, Juice, polls and more
Today's Sunday Telegraph TV Guide has a review of the upcoming Biogenesis video in the Best Videos section. It gives it three stars. No need to remind everyone that the video will be released on Wednesday and will probably be availble on Tuesday if past releases are any indication.
From ausxfnews and other sources:
- The latest issue of Juice is a special 90s edition which includes a small pic of Gillian Anderson on the cover and a four page item on David Duchovny in the television section. It includes a full page GA/DD photo. Thanks Clare
- Movie release dates with XF connections are: Mitch Pileggi in Gun Shy (4 February 2000); David Duchovny in Return To Me (4 April 2000) and Nick Lea in Vertical Limit (August 2000). House of Mirth starring Gillian Anderson will screen on Showtime Pay TV channel in 2000. Thanks Natasha
I've subsequently checked the release dates for Return To Me and it isn't out in the US until 7 April, so the Australian release date will be a couple of months after that.
- ETonline is having a "Best of the 20th Century" poll at the moment. The X-Files is one of five nominees as best TV show -- it's currently leading the poll easily ahead of of I Love Lucy -- while Gillian Anderson and David Duchovny are leading the "Best Onscreen Couple" category from Julia Roberts and Richard Gere. You can vote at: http://www.etonline.com/html/NewsItems/26864.html. Thanks Cathy.
- Hollywood (Variety) - Producer-writer Chris Carter has been chosen to receive the Television Showmanship Award this year from the Publicists Guild of America. The group, which will make the presentation at its 37th annual award luncheon on March 22, cited the "exceptional impact'' that Carter has had on TV through such programs as "The X-Files,'' now in its seventh season, and "Millennium.'' From Yahoo.
- You've probably read the rumours that Gillian Anderson is being considered for the role of Clarice in the sequal to The Silence Of The Lambs. Entertainer Weekly is having a poll to see who should get the role. You can vote at: http://www.pathfinder.com/ew/weekly_poll/0,2536,310,00.html
Added Saturday, January 8, 2000
Little has been happening over the last week, in Australian X-Files terms, anyway. Plenty has been happening with me but that's another story :-) Anyway, the only newsworthy item I have is that Dick Smith Electronics Power House stores in Sydney are selling The X-Files Unrestricted Access for the bargain price of just $5.50 and The X-Files Movie: Special Edition for just $12.49. Kim says they're also available at the Melbourne stores. The Movie is also selling (second-hand) in some Blockbuster stores for $9.95.
Added Friday, January 7, 2000
Happy birthday to Steven "X" Williams who turns 51 today.
Added Sunday, January 2, 2000
Sunday Newspaper Update
Today's Sunday Telegraph has a spoiler of sorts in the Benelong section (back page). The Sun-Herald TV Guide has a review of The Mighty (three stars) including a mention of Gillian Anderson plus a review of The X-Files Playstation Game (four stars).
Added Saturday, January 1, 2000
Happy New Year
If you know of any other Australian-related X-Files news you can
let me know by sending me an e-mail. It will be much appreciated and I'll give
you credit for the info. Thanks a bunch!
to The X-Files Australian Conne-X-ion Index Page