s the world is moving into the 21st century, it is evident having a global perspective is required to have a perspective mindful of the many cultures within this world. One such culture that is often overlooked is that of the Arab culture in the Middle East. While the Middle Eastern countries are spoken of on CNN in East Asia and North America, few people really understand the Arab cultures.
In this project, you will assume various roles within the Arab culture and the perspective they will have in relation to the Arab culture. Such roles will include:
- a migrant worker
- an American businessman
- an Arab woman
In researching and taking an in-depth look at the Arab culture, you will develop a multi-media project using Microsoft Powerpoint®.
In this project, you will:
- develop an interest in the study of the Arab culture.
- use the power of the Internet for advanced exploration of the Arab culture in relation to specific roles.
- work with teammates to problem-solve.
- practice teamwork skills in collaboratting findings and information.
- synthesize and summarize the information for presentation of findings.
- use computer application tools to create a multi-media presentation.
- use verbal and non-verbal communication skills to present findings.
- reflect and evaluate individual and group effors in completing the project.
Top of Page
Objectives Brainstorm Activity
Please contact the webmaster concerning any site related questions or comments.
©Copyright 1998 Robin L. Burrage All Rights Reserved.
Credits: Graphics provided by Jelane's Free Web Graphics
Last Revision: May 30, 1998