Voluntary Agencies and Non-Governmental Organizations
This list is under construction. Date of last update is 6 April 2000.
Voluntary and Non-Governmental Links
- National Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster
- (A) includes policy and procedural guidelines for VOAD activities, VOAD history, by-laws, situation reports, information on and links to the NVOAD member agencies, and directory of state VOADs
- Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, Division for Church in Society
- (A) summarizes national and international disaster response activity from 1996 to date with specific situation reports for recent events and information on how international response is administered
- United States Service Command, 35th Brigade (Virginia)
- (A) provides organization mission and administrative and operational documents, goals, activity schedule, and incident critiques for the Virginia state unit of the United States Service Command
- The Salvation Army International Headquarters
- (A) explanation of the Salvation Army's mission and organizational structure - World News page includes information on current international disaster response by the Salvation Army
- Salvation Army Omaha Emergency Services Team
- (A) extensive list of emergency responses by a local Salvation Army disaster resposne unit with data and incident descriptions from 1975 to date and pictures of canteen vehicles and people
- Mennonite Disaster Service
- (A) mission statement, extensive history of the Mennonite Disaster Service, information on ongoing disaster response and archive of disaster news releases to 1998, guidance for donors
- return to BENCHMARK Front Page
Links on this page are checked at least quarterly. However, I have found that even governmental links change frequently. If you locate an address for an agency that does not have one, or if you find an error, please e-mail the contact address below.
This page has been visited times.