This story features the x-men, which are trademarks of Marvel. All other characters belong to me. This is an unauthorised work and no profit is being made on this work. This work is copyright of me. Please ask for permission before archiving.

Did you like the little cliffhanger in the last part?

Childs play part 6

written by Soar
email Soar38@hotmail.com

Jean faced Ororo, trying to hide her shock behind a calm reassuring exterior. She needed to get to Remy, she was worried and had seen the blood on his clothes, but first she had to get past Ororo. Jean telepathically called out to Bishop and Rogue. Ororo ran over to Remy but kept an eye on the stranger. The stranger was joined shortly by two others. She heard the gasp that came from the woman with the white streak in her hair and saw the anger that filled the big man and made him tense. But she was drawn back to the woman with the red hair.

Jean slowly started to move towards Ororo and Remy.

"Ororo, it's me Jean."

Ororo looked up at Jean with hostile eyes, "I don't know you, go away."

Jean continued to slowly approach Ororo sending out warm telepathic thoughts to her.

"Ororo, Remy is hurt, he needs help."

"How do you know our names?" Ororo asked mistrustfully.

"I know you both, but you do not remember me, please Ororo trust me, I do not wish to hurt you or Remy, only to help you."

Ororo looked at Remy. It was true that he looked pale beneath the dirt. His skin was so hot to touch and he made strange sounds when he breathed. She pushed him gently.

"Remy wake up," she said to him softly.

Jean had gotten close to Ororo and Remy and she held out her hand in a silent plea for Ororo to take it.

Ororo looked up at the Jean woman. She felt instinctively that she could trust this woman, and that she wasn't like the others. She looked back at Remy, and then back at the Jean woman. She sighed in capitulation and took the Jean womans hand.

Jean pulled Ororo slowly towards her and then moved to get a better look at Remy. She examined him and hid a gasp of shock when she saw the vicious stab wound in his stomach. If they didn't get him back to Hank, he might not survive.

Ororo relaxed slightly as she saw that the Jean woman was not hurting Remy.

"Ororo," the Jean woman said, "we need to take Remy with us to help him to get better, and we need you to come too, so that he will not be scared when he wakes up."

Ororo looked back at Jean and said solemnly, "Remy does not get scared."

Jean hid a small smile, "Will you let us take you and Remy back to our home?"

"You'll help him?" Ororo asked

"Yes I promise," Jean said, and smiled.

Ororo smiled hesitantly back, "Okay" she said.

They flew back to the mansion as fast as they could. Their concern for Remy mounting as his condition appeared to deteriorate.

Ororo sat with Jean, by Remy and watched him in silence.

"He said it was just a scratch," she said finally, and tears began to fall down her cheeks.

Jean thought to herself how little Remy had changed then.

They were nearing the mansion and Bishop called though to the mansion to warn the others to prepare the infirmary and what to expect when they saw them.

On arrival Remy was moved quickly to the infirmary where Hank immediately set to work hooking Remy up to all sorts of monitors in an effort to save his life. Ororo refused to leave Remys side and the x-men felt it best if she were to remain there.

The X-men gathered in the war room to discuss the situation.

"Report," the Professor said.

Hank, who had stabilised Remys condition was first to speak, "Speaking about their immediate physical well being. Ororo will recover quickly all she really needed was a decent meal.

It is Remy whom I am most worried about. He has a severe stab wound which was left unattended for too long, and has now become infected. This explains the fever and weakness, but what makes the situation worse is his malnutrition. His body hasn't enough strength gained from eating to fight off the infection alone and it has taken a strong hold on him. With Shi'ar technology I should be able to counteract the effects of the infection but he will be weak for a while.

About their obvious reduction is size, I cannot expand. It appears to be a transformation exactly like that undertaken by Storm when she was regressed by the Nanny. I can do nothing to transform them back to their adult states."

"Do we know how this happened yet?" the Professor asked.

"I havenšt questioned Ororo yet because she is in a very fragile mental state right now. She is already in shock from the whole experience she has endured so far and I feel that to push her into remembering something which may be extremely unpleasant may cause an unwanted mental effect." Jean said.

"Very well, we shall wait then until Remy is recovered and Ororo will talk to us. In the mean time, did you find out who owned the building where you found Storms communicator?"

"The building is listed as being owned by NE corporations." Scott said.

"Who are they sugah?" Rogue asked.

The Nanny moved away from the mansion to plan. It was bad luck that those blasted X-men had gotten to the children first. Very well she would just have to come up with some other way for recovering them, and soon. He would be calling soon, and expecting to have his prize waiting.

end of part 6

getting interesting?

Index Page Part Seven