Wednesday, February 10, 1999, 5:30 pm – Boys' Diving
Thursday, February 11, 1999, 5:30 pm – Girls' Diving
Friday, February 12, 1999, 5:30 pm -- Swimming Preliminaries
Saturday, February 13, 1999, 5:30 pm -- Swimming Finals
Eric J. Johnson
Oakton High School
office 319-2763, fax 319-2761
Oak Marr Recreation Center
General Admission - $4.00
VIAAA, VHSL coaches passes, Northern Region Administrative
and working press passes will be honored at the gate.
On Sale each Session for $2.00
1. Medals will be presented to the first, second, third, fourth, fifth and sixth places
for individual events and relay events.
2. Trophies will be given to the first and second place teams.
Northern Region Coaches Meeting
Monday, November 2, 1998, Oakton High School Lecture Hall at 7:00 pm
Northern Region Officials Clinic
Monday, November 30, 1998, Oakton High School Lecture Hall at 7:00 pm.
Tuesday December 1, 1998, Oak Marr Recreation Center deck at 7:00 pm.
Regional Meet Qualifying
1. A swimmer must place first, second, third, fourth, fifth or sixth in the District Meet,
or meet the Regional qualifying time/score at the District Meet or at any regular
season meet scheduled by the Northern Region Scheduling Committee.
2. Relay teams must finish first, second, third, fourth, fifth or sixth in the District Meet
or meet the Regional qualifying times at any regular season meet scheduled
by the Northern Region Scheduling Committee.
3. If a swimmer or relay team achieves a Northern Region Qualifying Standard
and plans to use the faster time or to change event(s) for regional entry, the coach
must verify that time/score to the regional meet director by submitting the scoresheet
from the regular season dual meet.
4. A diver may advance to the Regional Meet by placing in the top six at the District Meet,
scoring a regional qualifying standard at the District Meet, or scoring 200 points
at a regular season dual meet.
A competitor shall be permitted to enter a maximum of four events, no more than two
of which may be individual events.
2. In championship events, each school shall be permitted a maximum of four entries
in an individual event and one team in a relay event.
Team entry forms , to include diving, must be submitted to the District Meet Director
after the District Meet or to the Regional Meet Director no later than Monday,
February 8, 1999, by 9:00 am. by fax or hand delivery.
2. Late entries will only be accepted with the principals signature and will be assessed
an automatic $50.00 fine.
Qualifying to Finals
1. The eight fastest swimmers shall qualify for the championship finals and the next eight
fastest swimmers shall qualify for the consolation finals.
2. All divers shall do two voluntary dives and three optional dives in the first round.
The top sixteen divers will qualify for the second round and they will perform two
voluntary dives and one optional dive. The top twelve divers will qualify for the final
round and they will perform one voluntary and two optional dives.
1. Events will be scored through 16 places.
2. Relay events will be scored the following:
40, 34, 32, 30, 28, 26, 24, 22, 18, 14, 12, 10, 8, 6, 4, 2.
3. Individual events will be scored the following:
20, 17, 16, 15, 14, 13, 12, 11, 9, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.
National Federation, 1998 Edition, and the 1998-99 VHSL Handbook.
Tuesday, February 9, 1999, Oakton H.S. Lecture Hall at 7:00 pm.
A certified Athletic Trainer will be present during warm-ups and each session.
Hand held watches and lap counters will be furnished by participating schools, and Colorado electronic timing system will be rented
from the Fairfax Country Park Authority.
Oak Marr Recreation Center will provide rules and directions for use of facility and locker rooms.
Virginia State AAA Championship Qualifying Criteria
1. Top eight place finishers advance from Regions in each event.
2. Any Northern Region swimmer or relay that swims an event faster than the eighth
fastest time from the 1998 Virginia State High School AAA Championships
automatically qualifies for that event in the 1999 Virginia State AAA Championships.
3. Coaches must submit a Validation of Qualification Time certification with their
Regional entry sheet if a swimmer or diver wishes to enter an event not swim at Districts.
State Meet Location and Date
(More Info to come)
Chinn Center (25 yard Pool)
Woodbridge, Prince William Country
February 19 & 20 1999.