- ESL News
- Discussion Center
- Idiom Page
- ESL Word Games
- And More!
- Information about the latest news, trends, products and services
- Featured articles on instruction, immigration trends, cross cultural concerns, refugee concerns, human-interest stories, linguistic laughs, classified ads, and much more!
- WOW! Don't miss Resource Section where you'll find 10 pages of links.
- National Clearing House for Bilingual Education
Look up their online library, features about language and culture, discussion groups, news, success stories and many links.
We're filling our bookshelves with the very best of ESL/EFL material from around the world. Looking for that special book? Well, you can now order 24 hours a day, and you can even have it giftwrapped and delivered to a special friend, student, or teacher - anywhere in the world!
Check out the Catalog:
- Picture Dictionary Programs
- Jazz Chants
- ESL Dictionaries
- Grammar and Usage
Frizzy University Network (FUN)
- Getting help with grammar
- Connecting to on-line reference materials
- Making friends all over the world
- Studying English in the U.S.A.
- Viewing student-generated Web Pages
- Exploring other on-line resources for ESL students
United Methodist Cooperative Ministries
UMCM seeks to give love and compassion to persons facing adversity in life. This is done through direct service, congregational development, advocacy and education ministries:
- Literacy Projects: Workshops in Pinellas and West Pasco Counties of Florida several times a year. Information:  email@example.com
- After School Tutoring
- Ditty Bags for Homeless and Farm Workers
- Basic Four Food Pantry
- Support Services for People with AIDS/HIV
- Childs Park Church in Community
- Southeast Asian Christian Ministries
- Transportation Ministry
- Family Support Services
- Community Computer Labs
- Street Ministry
Easy-English literature programme from the U.K.
- Easy English true stories
- The Teacher's Page.....Advice and help
- Message from the Stars.....Well-known people
- Visiting Britain.....Advice and where to get help
- Life and how to survive it.....Advice and help
- Current Affairs.....The stories you don't hear
- The personal development course.....A self-assessment tool for growth
Top of Page
- Literacy & Evangelism, International
Reaching the world's illiterates by teaching them to read, using God's Word.
Develops adult literacy primers with Bible content in any language. Trains church leaders and missionaries in ministries of basic literacy or ESL. Nurtures church-based literacy programs through technical support with prayer.
- Founded in 1955 by literacy pioneer Frank C. Laubach, Laubach Literacy is a nonprofit educational corporation dedicated to helping adults of all ages improve their lives and their communities by learning reading, writing, math and problem-solving skills. Laubach sponsors more than 1,000 literacy programs throughout the United States and 71 partner programs in 36 countries in Africa/ Middle East, Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean.
- California Literacy, Inc.
The nation's oldest and largest statewide adult volunteer literacy organization. Its purpose is to establish literacy programs and to support them through consulting, tutor training, trainer development, and ongoing education.
- Diablo Valley Literacy Council
4000 Clayton Road, Concord, CA 94521, (925) 685-3881
An organization made up of trained volunteers who are dedicated to teaching adult speakers of other languages to speak, read and write English well enough to function in our society. Check about their tutor training workshops.
- "For some, LiteracyLink's reach may mean the difference between living on the margins or sharing fully in the American dream. Together we will help thousands of adults nationwide use this unprecedented initiative to build personal success."
Check out their "Other Resources" hot spot for more literacy links.
State Resource Center of California
"In My Own Words:
The Personal Stories of California's Outstanding Adult Learners"
Top of Page
- ood for Your Soul
- Walnut Creek Presbyterian Church
- A chance to grow spiritually
- Make friends
- Make a difference (volunteer opportunities)
- Nurture young people
- Saturday 5:30: PM
Worship in a new way with new songs
- Sunday Worship: 9:00 AM and 10:30 AM
- Radio Broadcast Sunday 4:00 PM (Pacific Standard Time)
KFAX AM 1100
- Come join us!
- Ethnic Harvest
- Shouldn't the Church reflect the rich tapestry of the Kingdom of God? We think so!
- Ethnic Harvest - a place for Christians of all denominations to share practical ideas for cross-cultural ministry to our ethnic neighbors
- Over 100 language groups live in the Seattle area. How many in your town? We help you find the facts
- Links to foreign language Bibles, gospel tracts, other resources
- Connect with the mission field through people who were born there!
- Still in the business of helping
children and families
- Educational Services
- Residential Treatment
- Day Program
- Shadow Program
- School-Based Mental Health Programs
- Kinship Support Network
- Grandparents Who Care
Top of Page
Top of Page
reat Computer Resources
ROP (Regional Occupational Programs) is a California State-funded program, accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges. The Computer Applications courses are designed for adult learners who want to learn how to use computers or want to update their computer knowledge. No previous computer experience is required to enroll.
Instruction is individualized, allowing students to progress at their own pace. Certificates are awarded upon successful completion of subject areas.
The State of California has ROP in every county. For ROP class availability and schedules, contact your local County Office of Education. See a sampling of available applications from the ROP Technology Center of Contra Costa County.
Top of Page
Robin Wood, ROP Computer Applications Teacher, and her assistant, Michele Britton, for their great patience, understanding and encouragement.
Katherine Packard, ROP classmate, for her critical eye and encouraging spirit.
- Clyde Hartz, photographer of ESL class pictures
- Friends Doug Carner and Gary Rodney, Puerta Vallarta photo
- President of World Vision, for the picture with his sponsored child on the Question Page
- Background on Home Page: Courtemanche Custom Designs
- Welcome on Home Page: Graphics made by Bimsan
- Reflections Around the World Page:
Hee Yun's Graphic Collection
Designed to a "T"
Send us your good ideas for resources/links.
Teachers' Tips Ask Marti About Joanne Life Lessons World Reflections Site Map Our Classes Curriculum Links/Resources Feedback Back Top Back to Beginning! Home
ESL Ministry Walnut Creek Presbyterian Church 1801 Lacassie Avenue Walnut Creek California 94596 925-935-1574 Joanne Rae Meads firstname.lastname@example.org
September 2, 2001
- This site contains links to other Internet sites. These links are not endorsements of any products or services in such sites, and no information in such site has been endorsed or approved by this site.