A wonderful Book on Hemangiomas
The First and Only Book of its Kind
BIRTHMARKS: A Guide to Hemangiomas and Vascular Malformations
By Milton Waner, MD
Linda Shannon, MS
with Connie Marshall, RN, MSN
The first and only book of its kind concerning the plain language understanding of hemangiomas and vascular birthmarks will be available after April 1997.
The soft cover handbook includes:
1. A detailed explanation of what a hemangioma is, the growth cycle and involution (regression) cycle of these lesions and recommended treatments.
2. An explanation of vascular malformations and treatment options.
3. Interviews with many families who have children with vascular birthmarks such as hemangiomas and vascular malformations.
4. A detailed chapter on how to appeal an insurance denial for treatment of a vascular birthmark.
5. A chapter on how to select the right physician to treat a vascular birthmark.
6. A list of support groups throughout the country which deal with vascular birthmarks and birth defects.
7. Information on how to obtain free airfare for to and from medical treatment for a vascular birthmark.
8. And much, much more.
This book is a must for families, physicians and all health care providers and insurers who deal with children and adults with vascular birthmarks.
The book will sell for approximately $18.95. 20% of the proceeds will go to support various not for profit organizations which deal with vascular birthmarks. The book may be obtained by calling 1-888-235-7947 or 702-267-3117 outside of the Continental US.