The following links contain information on treatment, different types of birthmarks, and other educational resources. The contents of these links should be used for educational reference only and are not intended to be used to diagnose your condition.Consult a board certified specialist to have your case properly diagnosed.
- Birthmarks of the head and neck
- The Vascular Anomalies Information Page contains information on treatment, types of Vascular Birthmarks, and educational material.
- NYU Medical Center- Hemangioma and Vascular Malformations Clinical Division The hemangioma and vascular malformation program at the Institute of Reconstructive Plastic
Surgery at the NYU Medical Center emphasizes comprehensive, multidisciplinary care. The team
consists of specialists from Plastic Surgery, Dermatology, Hematology, Neuroradiology, Nursing,
Ophthalmology, Otolaryngology, Pediatrics, Psychology, and Social Work.
- F.A.Q. for birthmark removal with a pulsed dye laser
- MedicineNet, Prednisone This site describes drug class, what it is prescribed for, proper use, precautions, and side effects.
- Blood Vessel Malformation
- The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia Hemangioma and Vascular Malformation Clinic
- Candela Patient Data on Laser Therapy for vascular lesions contains pictures.
People Offering Support and More Resources
|| copyright© 1997 Birthmarks and Hemangiomas InterNETwork Support
Created 4-11-97 For more information contact Webdesigner at firstname.lastname@example.org