BF Feudal Rush
Everyone must know that this is only from what I have discovered so far. Some people may see problems in my flushing strategy there are always ways in which you can improve J. The flush can be used on other maps but there are probably better ways to execute it than this, this was designed for BF only.
Main Aims of this strategies
Before I start we need to know the main aim/s of the flush.
- Stop opponent from booming
- Kill as many VILLS as possible
- Cause your opponent to panic (yes people do crap there pants)
- Even just harassing them to move about and/or ring the TC bell
Tips &General Tips
- Use a combination of both short and ranged units (Skirmishers and Pikemen are a good example)
- Once you have started to attack them Never RUSH to imperial age it is far better to keep the pressure on them and to get your economy going before getting to imp. The reason is that when you reach imp you would have little to support you and you will give your opponent chance to get back into the game by him walling you out buying him time.
- Never forget to upgrade at the blacksmiths
- You MUST have your first palisade wall as close to the end of the passageway as possible. Don't flush if your wall is only half way down a long passage you will be caught out as he will just wall you off and beat you in imperial.
Best opportunity to Flush
- Best in 1v1 action and as the team games go higher the less effective a flush can be
- If opponent doesn't wall (which I have noticed a lot of Experts don't do now)
- If you wall at the very end of the passage (his end)
- Sneaking your 2 initial walling villagers in to the enemy base is a good idea (I like doing it this way, it's a lot easier if you can do this, but beware of wolves, and stay away from where you think he might go, i.e. to fetch a boar) (BUT FOR THE PURPOSE OF THIS DOCUMENT WE WILL PRESUME THAT YOU DIDN'T SNEAK IN)
- The gap to wall is very wide (so once you have started to attack he will not be able to wall up again in time)
- When vs. a strong Imperial civilizations (i.e. Turks are very good to flush)
- When vs. fast imp civilisations
Do not Flush when.
- Opponents wall is thick more than 2 layers is too much.
- Wall is not near end of passage.
- Much slower feudal than enemy.
- Not enough of the correct resource to Flush.
My Best Flushing Civilisations on BF
- Huns:- save so much wood on houses its fantastic. And also the time saved on building the houses is a bonus to J. My Fav team to flush with.
- Celts:- Good wood bonus & fantastic when you eventually get to castle/imperial age.
- Mongols:- Hunting bonus can give faster feudal times, and if you get your scout into his base its +2 LOS is good for finding out were to attack from.
- Vikings:- Free Wheel Barrow when you get to Feudal age is great (the sooner you get this the sooner you benefit from it) this results in your villagers working faster and gathering more (less walking time).
- Britons:- There archery range bonus is very handy for getting a over whelming force quicker, and in castle age they can boom and still hit heavy in castle age too (this is a good team to use if you are in a game that is more than 2v2 or larger)
Okay here is the build orderJ
Press H,c,c,c,c And then IMMEDIATELY press LOOM!
(this will result in villagers being created straight after loom is finished)
Scout get sheep
||Send villagers 1-2 to wall up with aid of scout when it has all sheep Wall 2 layers thick|
Go from walling to wood near TC (or into enemy base)
||Build house, Then build mill
||Send Villager 11 into TC with boar chasing it and put TC way point on sheep|
Get ALL villagers currently on sheep to kill boar before it runs away (remember to drop of food first)
Release villager 11 onto sheep making it only 1 on sheep
||Get next boar
||While 16 is getting boar other boar hunters at TC should have finished so make a house with them then kill the boar 16 is bringing in|
||Make a lumber camp with villager 19 or as soon as possible|
|When camp is made there should be 22 villagers and hit the feudal button|
***When Researching feudal age***
Send the Villagers that were on boar to wood. Send 6 of these to Gold (if you need gold, skirmishers don't need gold J but you will need gold to get to castle age) and use 2 for a forward base (again unless you have stuck the first 2 walling villagers into base already).
Send any left over villagers that were on sheep to wood. With the 2 forward villagers make a house and a barracks, near to the wall.
Feudal Age(now the fun bit)
Put TC way point on berries and pour villagers on them to keep villager flow going.
Forward villagers:- 1 make 2x archery ranges and other make a tower next to your wall preventing you opponent from walling you off.
If for what ever reason you cant afford 2nd archery range, then use both villagers to build the Tower, then change them both to a second archery range soon as possible.
Attack enemy wall with scout, villagers and archers that come out. Put 5 of the first archers into your tower which has a range of 8 than, attack with the other archers that come out, watch for enemy villagers trying to build a wall. Use everything to attack your opponents wall but make sure he is not walling you, so keep an eye out.
***Keep topping up your villagers at TC***
When or if you get a queue of around 3-4 villagers in your TC then send 4 berry pickers onto Deer's, NO NEED TO MAKE MILL (*you need he wood).
When you are through wall make a stone gate and stone wall at end of passage and place archer range way points leading into your enemies base.
*****USE SCOUT EFFECTIVELY*****
Use your archers and go to places where he might be collecting resources, so you can kill and harass as many vill's as possible i.e:- Gold spots (check all of them) Stone mining, wood chopping and sometimes farms are made too far away from TC for protection.
Make a BLACKSMITH when possible
When your berry pickers run out send 5-6 on to stone (for castle age booming and for a castle in a very annoying place in enemy territory). Then with rest make as many farms as possible with any left over send to wood.
All new villagers from TC go to farms around TC or Mills. Try not to double up farms. Make new mills where possible or it takes away some of the efficiency.
Make a few houses to act as "watch towers" later in the game and then when enough wood make 2 stables ready for castle age knights. The rest is totally up to you..
I like to get to castle age at around 30 mins and use a combo of Crossbow man knights and 5-6 rams. Knights and crossbowman all upgraded at blacksmith. This is only my way of flushing maybe you have a different variation to me doesn't mean it doesn't work as good. You may try different combinations of units. This may not be very good but I have found it too be very effective so far.