About Christian Science
Christian Science | Practitioners | Nurses
Christian Science is a religion based upon love--love for God and man. In 1879, Mary Baker Eddy founded the Church of Christ, Scientist "to commemorate the word and works of our Master, which should reinstate primitive Christianity and its lost element of healing." (Manual of The Mother Church, pg. 17). This healing is the direct result of an increased understanding of our special relationship to our Father, Mother, God, and an awareness of His unconditional love.
Today, there are Churches of Christ, Scientist and Christian Science Societies in 74 countries throughout the world. You and your family and friends are welcome at any of these.
Tenets of Christian Science:
- As adherents of Truth, we take the inspired Word of the Bible as our sufficient guide to eternal Life.
- We acknowledge and adore one supreme and infinite God. We acknowledge His Son, one Christ; the Holy Ghost or divine Comforter; and man in God's image and likeness.
- We acknowledge God's forgiveness of sin in the destruction of sin and the spiritual understanding that casts out evil as unreal. But the belief in sin is punished so long as the belief lasts.
- We acknowledge Jesus' atonement as the evidence of divine, efficacious Love, unfolding man's unity with God through Christ Jesus the Way-shower; and we acknowledge that man is saved through Christ, through Truth, Life, and Love as demonstrated by the Galilean Prophet in healing the sick and overcoming sin and death.
- We acknowledge that the crucifixion of Jesus and his resurrection served to uplift faith to understand eternal Life, even the allness of Soul, Spirit, and the nothingness of matter.
- And we solemnly promise to watch, and pray for that Mind to be in us which was also in Christ Jesus; to do unto others as we would have them do unto us; and to be merciful, just, and pure.
Science and Health pg. 497
Christian Science Practitioners
Christian Science practitioners are spiritually experienced men and women who are available to pray with anyone seeking spiritual help. These practitioners will also answer questions about Christian Science. You'll find a directory of practitioners in The Christian Science Journal, and in the various language editions of The Herald of Christian Science.
Christian Science Nurses
Christian Science nurses offer skilled care and practical help for people who are relying on God for spiritual healing. You'll find a directory of nurses in The Christian Science Journal and in the various language editions of The Herald of Christian Science. | Main Menu | Sunday School | Meet our Pastor | Reading Room | Lectures | Our Church | Services | New Stuff | Testimonies | This week's lesson | Other Links |