More about our Services
Nashua holds its Sunday service at 10:30 a.m., where our weekly Bible Lesson, or sermon, is read from the desk. This "sermon" consists of passages from the King James Version of the Bible and related readings from Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures by Mary Baker Eddy.
Each book is read by members elected from the congregation for a three year term. The First Reader reads from Science and Health, while the Second Reader reads from the Bible.
Sunday School for children up to the age of 20 is held at the same hour as the church service. Child care is provided for children too young for Sunday school.
On Wednesday evening, Christian Science churches hold a more informal testimony meeting. A Bible lesson is read from the desk on a subject chosen by the First Reader. Followed by a period where the congregation shares first-hand accounts of spiritual healing, and other remarks on Christian Science.
Just so you know what to expect, the order of service for each follows:
*A slightly different order is followed for Communion services, which are held in branch churches the second Sunday of January and July.
- Scriptural Selection (First Reader)
- Silent Prayer
- The Lord's Prayer with its spiritual interpretation as given in the Christian Science textbook, Science and Health (Congregation and First Reader alternate)
- Notices (First Reader)
- Explanatory Note (First Reader)
- Responsive Reading (First Reader and the Congregation alternative citations)
- Lesson-Sermon (First and Second Reader)
- "The Scientific Statement of Being," and the correlative Scripture according to I John 3:1-3 (First Reader)
- Benediction (First Reader)
Wednesday Evening Services
- Bible Lesson
- Silent Prayer
- The Lord's Prayer
| Main Menu | Sunday School | Meet our Pastor | Reading Room | Lectures | Our Church | New Stuff | Testimonies | About Christian Science | This week's lesson | Other Links |